Gang related tattoo options

Alys

Detailed Description

Knowing how many people on this server takes part in illegal roleplay and often times they have specific tattoos that we can read in /examine [Name] related to their gang/culture while wearing sometimes very odd tattoos I think can be quite difficult to make out and know specifically they're gang-related unless you do a /examine on them.
A lot of tattoos we have in game aren't exactly gang-related and usually if people have a heavily tattooed character they are forced to describe their tattoos so people know of which faction they represent instead of just showing off their In game tattoos ((Which doesn't look like anything like they're describing)), which shouldn't be the case and is unrealistic.

Gang-related tattoos could include the following gangs: (The most common gangs we see IC.)

(Keep in mind not a lot of tattoos for each group needs to be added, maybe a selection of the 3 most easily distinguishable tattoos for each group, just an idea.)

Bloods
- Crips
- Sureños
- Peckerwood/Skinhead
- Russian Mafia
- MC

Relevant Commands/Items

Edited tattoo options/more added.

How will it benefit the server?
I think the server on the illegal side of roleplay would benefit from this if it added/edited a few tattoos and/or edited the current ones so it included a few tattoos for Bloods, Crips, Sureños, peckerwood/skinheads, russian mafia, etcetera.
I think it would also be beneficial for LSPD to be able and recognize a person's affiliation based on his tattoos just by looking at his character and not having to /examine the individual frequently.
And it can also be used in a good proportion of all factions that gets created, as most of them usually follow the same base concept - which leads to the tattoos also not becoming forgettable and also gets used frequently.

We can add them if they are already made tattoos, in their .ytd file and providing their UV Scale/Pos.

Editing a tattoo or making one from scratch takes a lot of time because you have to open the game dozens of times till you find the best UV Scale/Pos.

The thing is, will someone share them? 

Edited by Jennie
6 minutes ago, Jennie said:

We can add them if they are already made tattoos, in their .ytd file and providing their UV Scale/Pos.

Editing a tattoo or making one from scratch takes a lot of time because you have to open the game dozens of times till you find the best UV Scale/Pos.

The thing is, will someone share them? 

I'm sadly not the most knowledgable when it comes to who-has-what tattoo mods, but I'm sure there are some players here who got some mod files that could fit in with this topic and would like them to get added into the game.
There might be some in https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/348-mods-showcase/  that fit in, but of course we'd have to check with the mod's author before it gets added.
I'll look around.

2 hours ago, Alys said:

I think it would also be beneficial for LSPD to be able and recognize a person's affiliation based on his tattoos just by looking at his character and not having to /examine the individual frequently.

I quite like the idea, don't get me wrong. I don't see this as viable if not all LEO players have a 60 inch monitor with an 4-8K resolution to play the game. Most tattoos won't be high definition enough, and characters won't be big enough on people's screens to be able to simply see the ink well enough to gauge affiliation at a glance (there will be exceptions obviously, both in tattoos that are of simple design and in players that have the hardware and eyesight to be able to see them).

I'm all for the best possible representation of tattoos ingame. However, it's most definitely improvising when it comes to tattoos now, even for civilians that want to, for example, display irezumi tattoos, or larger custom tattoos in general which obviously aren't ingame. /examine is vital for this as it stands and I don't see that changing any time soon.

TL;DR: +1, but /examine will always remain an important tool.

I've made custom modded tattoos for every single faction I've made. There are literally thousands of gangs out there so expecting the server to cater to them all is unrealistic. Now that the modding team is actually adding tattoos, having mod makes volunteer their tattoo mods might be a good idea.

Large scale gangs which have the fortune of always kinda existing on the server - AB/PEN1/EME - Should always have their tattoos existing but more generic ones should be made - such as simple areas/area codes/13/14/ etcetc. generic tattoos for each gang type. Tattoos related to a specific faction, such as the rancho 13 tattoos should be removed.

Edited by shotgun_sam
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, shotgun_sam said:

Large scale gangs which have the fortune of always kinda existing on the server - AB/PEN1/EME - Should always have their tattoos existing but more generic ones should be made - such as simple areas/area codes/13/14/ etcetc. generic tattoos for each gang type and tattoos related to a spoecific faction that can close, such as the rancho 13 tattoos should be removed.

This ^^^^

I'm also not super will versed in the modding side of tattoos, is there a limit to the amount of tattoos that can exist on the server similar to how clothing was a year ago?

If it isn't an issue I actually have no issue with faction specific tattoos being added. I understand the concern for factions closing and opening, but continuing to use Rancho and surenos as an example at one point we had close to 5 or 6 different sureno sets. At that point it was really nice to have set specific tattoos, I think the bigger issue is a process for tattoos being added and removed from the server needs to be clearly ironed out. When a faction closes its tattoos should quickly follow, not just be left sitting around until a developer realizes they aren't needed anymore.