Creating separate housing "instances" in South Central?

soudiere

Detailed Description

Now, unless the lack of property is done purposefully to set an artificial limitation on the amount of people that could feasibly roleplay within South Central, I think that new "housing instances" should be added to homes in South Central. What would this entail? Similar to the apartment menu system seen with apartments that don't have mapped interiors, where they follow the format of "Street Address X, Floor Y, Room Number Z", housing within South Central could follow a similar system of "Street Address X, House Number Y, Instance Z", effectively allowing for more properties to be available to the server and would-be roleplayers in the area to own a home. In essence, the exterior of a single home could serve to act as three to four, nearly tripling or quadrupling the potential amount of residents that can be in any given area.

This would specifically apply to areas that already have a low density of housing. Areas like the Rancho Projects, the various units scattered throughout Chamberlain along Forum Drive along with the recently added housing projects near Covenant Avenue don't really have a need for this considering that there's already a decent abundance of housing there. This is more applicable to areas like Grove Street, the non-projects parts of Rancho and various places in Strawberry (such as where Franklin's house is located in the main story of GTA V), as actual individual housing units aren't as abundant like in the previously aforementioned places.

Relevant Commands/Items

Just the addition of a few more housing instances.

How will it benefit the server?

While I get that Los Santos' South Central having its very own housing crisis is in fact realistic and representative of the current situation within Los Angeles, it's really just an unnecessary limitation that inhibits others from actually trying to RP within that area.

As a result, housing within South Central is in essence nigh unattainable, and whenever a house does go on sale that isn't due to inactivity, the prices are more inflated than your average Vinewood, Hawick and Del Perro homes. Along with this, setting a system like this in place allows for more civilians to be present and live in the area, which helps aid South Central from basically just being primarily gangbangers, as whether you like it or not, factions will often take precedence in regards to owning a certain home over a civilian. This also facilitates gang turfs becoming more obfuscated. Gang turfs are not like nations where they have explicit borders that are clearly defined, they often overlap with multiple gangs having the potential of existing in the same area, whether they be on hostile or friendly terms. This is a stark contrast to what we currently have now, which is where a certain faction gains a monopoly over a certain block or strip due to them owning a decent chunk of the housing there, making it difficult for other groups to really even exist in the area.

This would also allow for a representation of the fact that many of these areas that serve to represent these metropolitan/pseudo-suburban neighborhoods are far larger in reality than what is shown in game, with many of these areas being the same size as some housing projects, despite the fact that many of the non-projects residences are far more prevalent in South Central than what's shown in the first place. For example, Watts, which is the real life equivalent to Rancho, covers an area that's around two square miles in total. The Jordan Downs Projects, which is the real life equivalent to the Rancho Projects, only covers six different streets, with 97th street to its North and 103rd street to its South. In real life, these housing projects make up an incredibly small portion of the actual area of Watts, yet in game represents basically a 1/6th or 16% of Rancho. 

Additional Comments

This is only a single idea of mine and the best solution I could really think of. If any of you have other alternatives, post them.

Edited by soudiere
  • Upvote 2

Totally worth it to suspend belief and allow this to happen. I’d be all for this around the entirety of the map too, not just South Central. It’s a pretty damn clever idea. You’re essentially creating multiple house instances within one house exterior. I’d support it. We have more players than properties. This helps narrow that gap and allow more variety. 

You got my vote 👍

Edited by Brofessor

It seems like a good suggestion but I don't really know if I like the idea yet. Business properties are also hard to find - are we going to have 3 business properties in one exterior? It wouldn't really make sense, even for housing.

1 hour ago, MarcusD said:

It seems like a good suggestion but I don't really know if I like the idea yet. Business properties are also hard to find - are we going to have 3 business properties in one exterior? It wouldn't really make sense, even for housing.

This is a fair enough point, however, I do feel as if there's a difference between a home and a business.

It's not implausible for somebody to commute from their home to work. It is on the other hand, very implausible for somebody to live in let's say, Hawick or East Vinewood, and then proceed to commute all the way down to South Central and act as if they've lived their entire life. As of right now, the only available "solution" is to buy a script home somewhere else and completely regard it as OOC, which isn't entirely optimal either nor is it something that RPQM looks kindly upon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...