Digital Camera / News Camera Feature

Short description: As popularly seen in GTA:SA, a digital camera is usually available to purchase for players to use. Primarily used by news/media roleplay factions and/or someone that wants to roleplay a multimedia position. 

Detailed description: One thing I noticed when I started playing GTA 5 servers was that there was no digital camera extra, that of in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The camera would allow you take pictures and save them to your computer - and also allow you to "roleplay" a variety of scenarios that would require cameras to be pointed at and so forth. Not knowing the limitations of GTA5 and RAGE MP, I thought this suggestion would be an idea just incase that type of feature could be added later down the road as I personally use to roleplay with a digital camera on hand to act as my NIKON.

Commands to add: None. Unless of course you want to diverse the system. (/photos, /deletephotos, etc.) Could be useful for PD, SD, LSFD too. 

Items to add: x1 Digital Camera Model (aspect)

How would your suggestion improve the server? While it may not directly improve the server itself, it can improve the quality of role play - especially for the players that take high interest in the media. Not that it's a necessity, but I personally think it would make role play scenarios more realistic when it comes to the news and media at public events, or overall when they are on the street gathering content. In addition, I thought of this as I writing the suggestion - it could also be useful for the LSPD and Sheriff's Department, depending if they have a under cover department and so forth that could allow them to use "IC Photos" rather than screenshots.

Additional information: Not much else. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I know I can't be the only one who use to use the digital camera on GTA:SA to make roleplaying more "interesting". :) 

We had this on MTG V:RP, it'd spawn a large camera object and players could spectate the video stream and watch what was currently being recorded. 99% sure there was a video showcase of it somewhere, will try to find it.

Edit - here it is:

Bonus video, helicopter broadcasting:

Edited by Pascal
32 minutes ago, Pascal said:

We had this on MTG V:RP, it'd spawn a large camera object and players could spectate the video stream and watch what was currently being recorded. 99% sure there was a video showcase of it somewhere, will try to find it.

Edit - here it is:

Bonus video, helicopter broadcasting:

Now that I would kill for.

41 minutes ago, Carveso said:

Spoke about this with Nervous a while ago. He told me the problem is that the camera isn't a weapon object like in GTA SA. Would be cool to have some camera in your hands at least tho.

Indeed. It has been tossed around from the people I talked to, but it has it's complications. Hoping that with the thread being made, the people that are interested in it know it's in the air. I wouldn't mind just a camera sitting in my hand at all, but from what I can see there's a good amount of unique opportunities. Only problem is that is has it's complexity, especially when developing it. Props to the developers for sure lol, something I could never do.

As for handheld digital cameras - there were anims on our GTMP server that gave you a camera toy to RP with. You can RPly use that, press F7 to disable HUD and go first person and take a screenshot for a picture this way.

Edited by Pascal
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...