Ingame Time

Harden

Hey, Long story short. I hate getting off of work around 5PM and getting home and only being able to play in the darkness on the server every day. It gets kind of old. But I know that is also the reason for why it is currently changed to what it is.

I was just going to suggest maybe keeping the current /time the same, and adjusting the time(sun) cycle to be two 12 hour cycles instead of one 24 hour cycle.

EG. 6 hours day, 6 hours night, 6 hours day, 6 hours night. 

That way everybody in every timezone would be able to have a little bit of both day and night during their time playing while keeping it semi realistic.

Just tired of playing in the dark everyday maaan, but also don't want to screw over other time zones.

idk i like night more than day purely because nvr makes night look great and very interesting. i wish i got more of it, and this could certainly be a solution but a quite confusing one i would assume but i do support it

Edited by Sammux

Personally for me it's perfect. Server has a similar timezone as I do, so I get to play a little with the daylight and then night IG. But I have been thinking about making it 12h instead of 24, but there has been a vote lately, can't start changing it again because of one player. Unless everyone agrees with you ofcourse.

Just now, Lance said:

Personally for me it's perfect. Server has a similar timezone as I do, so I get to play a little with the daylight and then night IG. But I have been thinking about making it 12h instead of 24, but there has been a vote lately, can't start changing it again because of one player. Unless everyone agrees with you ofcourse.

Well, I'd imagine I'm not the only one with that thought. Lol

• Upvote 1
Just now, St3fan[NL] said:

The time cycle is not going to change, simply since OOC factors become a pain in the ass. Factions have documentation stuff and if the time cycle changes their paperwork wouldnt match anymore and it becomes a pain.

The actual time ingame doesn't need to change. I was just suggesting that the sun cycle changes. The ingame /time doesn't /have/ to be matched up with the suns location in the sky.

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Harden said:

The actual time ingame doesn't need to change. I was just suggesting that the sun cycle changes. The ingame /time doesn't /have/ to be matched up with the suns location in the sky.

That'd be quite unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

That'd be quite unrealistic.

In some aspects yes, but is just a game after all the only thing that would change would be the brightness. But the only being able to play in the dark kind of sucks. Either change the time cycles like mentioned above or rotate the timezone the server is on every so often.

Edited by Harden