Chop Shop Revamp

17 hours ago, Robyn said:

Instead of a fully open list, have the cars not on the list give far less parts but it's dependent on if they've got mods. Chop shops IRL look for the aftermarket parts even if it's not a car theyre looking for specifically.

Also if you're set to work at the garage/chop shop, you can use it without the owner.

Other than that I support this

E: Also remove the shit like PD vehicles being on the list. They don't give any parts and you can't steal them anyway. There's no reason for them to be there.

This ^.

The current system is a bit flawed but just doing shit ton of other changes to it means more problems in the long-run. Suggestions can never end, the current system is /hard/ and /profitable/ at the same time. 

I don't want the list to be removed and see the entire server's vehicles booked for chopping in half a day.

Edited by Limes
3 hours ago, Petey said:

I don't know about multiple owners but +1 for everything else.

It was brought up that employees can run the shop which was something I did not know at the time. So I may edit it to say something different because this is what probably may get a few people turning their heads away from it because it’s already a thing that other people who are hired to work at a chop shop can.

But I am happy you support it nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Petey said:

nstead of a fully open list, have the cars not on the list give far less parts but it's dependent on if they've got mods. Chop shops IRL look for the aftermarket parts even if it's not a car theyre looking for specifically.

Also if you're set to work at the garage/chop shop, you can use it without the owner.

Other than that I support this

E: Also remove the shit like PD vehicles being on the list. They don't give any parts and you can't steal them anyway. There's no reason for them to be there.

3 hours ago, Limes said:

The current system is a bit flawed but just doing shit ton of other changes to it means more problems in the long-run. Suggestions can never end, the current system is /hard/ and /profitable/ at the same time. 

I don't want the list to be removed and see the entire server's vehicles booked for chopping in half a day.

Would you be up for something more like this? I agree it is hard and profitable but the problem still remains that sometimes the lists do not make sense.

When I say don’t make sense, I mean that there are vehicles on there that no one from Paleto all the way down to Vespucci or La Puerta own. So it’s more of a snipe hunt if you’re in this type of business. I get it’s supposed to be hard and as a dude who loves the roleplay aspects of car theft I like that, but at least add more to the list each day or make it more open.

2 hours ago, EyelessRaymond said:

Would you be up for something more like this? I agree it is hard and profitable but the problem still remains that sometimes the lists do not make sense.

When I say don’t make sense, I mean that there are vehicles on there that no one from Paleto all the way down to Vespucci or La Puerta own. So it’s more of a snipe hunt if you’re in this type of business. I get it’s supposed to be hard and as a dude who loves the roleplay aspects of car theft I like that, but at least add more to the list each day or make it more open.

Cars have always been a pain in the ass, more variety would surely help.

I think a more open list would also be okay if an active effort was taken to report bad car thieves as well. In the few characters I worked on as a mechanic, it never failed that some random guy drove up and tried to discreetly ask if we chopped cars. It was laughable at best. I’m not saying that’s the majority, but it happens. Someone in this thread even mentioned doing that. If being a car thief was more exclusive to putting in work to have a connection with a chop shop, it wouldn’t be so drastic of a rise in car thefts. People wouldn’t just all of a sudden decide on their own to steal a car and drive around randomly asking garages if they chopped cars. Report these people, PLEASE lol

Edited by Sixty
2 hours ago, Sixty said:

I think a more open list would also be okay if an active effort was taken to report bad car thieves as well. In the few characters I worked on as a mechanic, it never failed that some random guy drove up and tried to discreetly ask if we chopped cars. It was laughable at best. I’m not saying that’s the majority, but it happens. Someone in this thread even mentioned doing that. If being a car thief was more exclusive to putting in work to have a connection with a chop shop, it wouldn’t be so drastic of a rise in car thefts. People wouldn’t just all of a sudden decide on their own to steal a car and drive around randomly asking garages if they chopped cars. Report these people, PLEASE lol

lmao ive been stealing cars but asking a /legal-garage/ if they chop cars is a deathwish if they call the cops

• Wuhtah locked this topic