[LSNN] Sheriff Rick Washington and LSSD organized a Town Hall community conversation event in front of Paleto Bay Sheriff's Station

Ace_

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Sheriff Rick Washington and LSSD organized a Town Hall community conversation event in front of Paleto Bay Sheriff's Station

BY DENNIS SIDWELL AND MICHAEL GOLD

Los Santos, SA - On the 25th of April, 2021, at 8 pm, the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department organized a town hall community conversation event in front of Paleto Bay Sheriff's Station. Sheriff Rick Washington was present on the event too, along with other LSSD High Command officials. Locals, as well as other San Andreans had the opportunity to forward a question to these dedicated individuals.

NWSTidQ.png

Sheriff Rick Washington, Assistant Sheriff Naomi Takada, Captain Joseph Cline, Lieutenant Damian Suarez, Captain Victor Carrasco

"Hello. I'm Lieutenant Suarez with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. I am a Watch Commander of the Paleto Bay Sheriff's Station. I am pleased to bring forward this event to you. The purpose of this community conversation is to allow the citizens of Los Santos County to be able to shed light on issues that they have found living here. We strive to be able to provide the best service to the citizens of LS County, this helps us ensure that. Allowing the citizens to declare what they feel is not sitting well with them in their communities helps us achieve that. I thank you in advance for your interest in keeping your communities safe", said Lieutenant and Watch Commander of the Paleto Bay Sheriff's Station, Damian Suarez. 

"Good evening. I'd like to thank everyone here in person, and also those watching from home, for taking part in this great community event. I'd like to thank Lieutenant Suarez for being the brains behind this operation and putting this show together, too. I am Captain Joseph Cline. I've got almost 19 years on with the Department and I was given the privilege of serving as your station commander last month when Sheriff Washington promoted me to the rank of Captain. I'm very happy to be in this role and to lead your sheriff's station and provide direction to the deputies serving your communities. Transparency is a big focus on the Department and I'd like to thank Sheriff Washington for giving us the freedom to be transparent with our communities. As for the station itself... Response times are better than average for the nation. We're averaging three minutes on a priority call - that's a burglar in your home. And anywhere from five to seven minutes on a routine call. That's... for instance, a deputy coming to take a report on a theft that happened yesterday. The national averages for these calls is much, much higher. Especially when you factor in the big area we cover as a station. I'm very proud of what our deputies are doing out there to make this happen. On that note, I'll turn it over to Sheriff Washington", said Captain Joseph Cline.

"Hello everyone, for those of you who don't know me I am Rick Washington. The thirty third Sheriff of Los Santos County. I am pleased to be part of this event where we can engage with the community members we serve, twenty four hours a day and seven days a week. I'd also like to thank the folks viewing from home for tuning in, as Captain Cline said the most important part of policing our communities is accountability and being accessible. As one of the largest Sheriff's Departments in the nation, we provide enforcement to a large variety of people in several different circumstances. And as a result, it's important for us to make sure we hear out each and every one of your questions and make sure your voices are heard", said Sheriff Rick Washington. 

CHmcW6p.png

After their opening statements, the citizens had the opportunity to forward a question to the Sheriff and the rest of the High Command team. Sheriff Washington and the LSSD as a whole, have once again shown that they are approachable and helpful law enforcement individuals. Democratic Party Chairman Rudy Benson and Secretary of Labor Herbert Brennan were present amongst the event's audience.

Y8l4IDT.png

4cqYuAw.jpg

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by YB
  • Upvote 4
  • Ace_ changed the title to [LSNN] Sheriff Rick Washington and LSSD organized a Town Hall community conversation event in front of Paleto Bay Sheriff's Station

Username: EMann

Comment: I've been a Paleto Bay resident for the last few years and I see nothing more than the lack of effort the Sheriff Department has put into securing our town. Constant invasion by those "Thugs," and "Gang-Bangers," from the City who ride up here on their Dirt-Bikes and attempt to run our pockets. It has came to the point where the /civilian/ population has resorted into open carrying in fear for their safety. We should have no reason to be /scared/ of living in our own town. 

I've recently installed both on my home and business a Gruppe Six Premium security system.

Edited by Montana Fats
29 minutes ago, Montana Fats said:

Comment: I've been a Paleto Bay resident for the last few years and I can nothing more than the lack of effort the Sheriff Department has put into securing our town. Constant invasion by those "Thugs," and "Gang-Bangers," from the City who ride up here on their Dirt-Bikes and attempt to run our pockets. It has came to the point where the /civilian/ population has resorted into open carrying in fear for their safety. We should have no reason to be /scared/ of living in our own town. 

I've recently installed both on my home and business a Gruppe Six Premium security system.

Username: donkeykong84

Comment: 40b.jpg

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Montana Fats said:

Comment: I've been a Paleto Bay resident for the last few years and I can nothing more than the lack of effort the Sheriff Department has put into securing our town. Constant invasion by those "Thugs," and "Gang-Bangers," from the City who ride up here on their Dirt-Bikes and attempt to run our pockets. It has came to the point where the /civilian/ population has resorted into open carrying in fear for their safety. We should have no reason to be /scared/ of living in our own town. 

Username: pedro634

Comment: gangbangers driving two hours out of town to rob people in an open carry county? surely this must be bait...