Crashing after launching game

Howie

I've had this issue for a long time and i couldn't find any solutions as i have little experience with rage client.

This is basicly what happens, i launch rage and try to connect to GTAW , rage starts to "establish connection" and then attempts to launch the game => GTAV window pops up and then closes instantly.

I think this might be related to rage version but as i said i'm not sure, i tried connecting to eclipse and it words fine.

Is it just GTA:W you are having problems connecting to?

Have you tried reinstalling the client at a different file location on your PC? Sometimes when I have so many files downloaded or replaced in the same folder over time it eventually just stops writing data.

Troubles downloading the files? Put this in C:\RAGEMP\client_resources\play.gta.world_22005 :https://mega.nz/file/SV1nzKBC#L-5im9bYFZzb4MMh2-B0P_iZz7x15PMJa0gI0fEHYBM If you only have an IP, it'll be 51.178.79.228_22005 as folder name.

^ This was found in the Discord in #join_us, however I'm unaware whether it is outdated.

You can also visit this thread for other methods.

Game is crashing before it's even launched

Some players have reported if you have another GTA V Multiplayer Mod installed inside your GTA V folder, you should remove this and it has been known to fix this issue.

NVIDIA USERS: Disable Nvidia Shadowplay and see if that stops the crashing, some players have reported issues with this. [Courtesy of Archenaux]

Edited by Callum

unknown.png

Have you tried connecting this way? Apologies for being slow I'm currently not at a PC.

@everyone Remember that RageMP is currently down to their hosting datacenter being burned down, it'll be back online in a few days. It still work to connect on the server, you need to follow this procedure :
unknown.png
If your RageMP doesn't start, open C:/RageMP/config.xml and ensure that it is on "prerelease" version, not 10_X.
You may download RageMP if you don't have it on the following link : https://mega.nz/file/zFtQiZCb#PaUDRcAi4jv3nJsxXF2cwYsnJg7GiLMSocXuF3ntjuU

[Nervous from Discord]

Edited by Callum
30 minutes ago, Howie said:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel>prerelease</channel>

If the server is running on version 0.3.7 change the Config.xml in RageMP to:

<channel>prerelease_1_51_0</channel>

Make sure to make a copy of the config file beforehand just in case it doesn't work and get back to me.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

If the server is running on version 0.3.7 change the Config.xml in RageMP to:

<channel>prerelease_1_51_0</channel>

Make sure to make a copy of the config file beforehand just in case it doesn't work and get back to me.

Tried that and rage won't even launch

12 minutes ago, Howie said:

Tried that and rage won't even launch

Okay, revert the file back to the original. Have you tried reinstalling both, GTA5 and RageMP? I've never had problems carry on from here so I've requested some people from the Discord to give a look at the thread as it isn't getting much traffic.

Can you please provide your specs down below & what operating system you are using so I can try replicate it again.

I've managed to force myself into your crashing position with Windows 10 Home edition x64b, 16gb of RAM, a 1060 & i7 7700k. The methods tend to iron themselves out.

What GTA5 edition are you using? Steam, RGL or Epic?