[LSNN] City News: Sheriff Washington & LSSD host Davis Charity Event

LSNN

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Sheriff Washington & LSSD host Davis Charity Event

BY VICTORIA MILLER

Los Santos, SA - On the 27th of February, 2021 at 9PM, the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department organized a charity event in Davis. Deputies were on scene directly volunteering and providing people in need with food. The event had a large turnout, with a lot of citizens in need attending it and accepting the deputies' help.

FkTTC7o.png

Deputies handing out food to those in need

Sheriff Rick Washington, head of the department, made the time to attend the event personally. He freely spoke with the various people who were interested in meeting the Sheriff. A local retired war veteran, Richard Hall, also had the opportunity to talk to the Sheriff and spoke with the LSNN team right after.

DegtYoL.png

R. Hall with Sheriff Washington

"I'm Sergeant Richard Hall, Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 26th Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division Reinforced. I thank the Sheriff for this food drive. My granddaughter is struggling. It's good that we have this charity event, it means a chance for me to eat something else too, not only microwaved food", Sgt. Hall told LSNN.

EzjuyIY.png

Assistant Sheriff Takada (left), Sheriff Washington (third from the left) with their deputies

Sheriff Washington told LSNN, "Our wonderful deputies from the Paleto Bay Patrol Station along with our information desk decided that it'd be great to give back to our community. Obviously in these trying times, food security is a huge issue. And it upsets me deeply that folks here in the United States, especially children go to bed hungry. With our partners in the community, we elected to provide simple food and basic necessities to folks in the communities we serve."

When asked to provide the media with a comment regarding the court case involving Deputy L.M. v. Los Santos Police Department, he briefly stated the following: "I can't comment too much in regards to ongoing court cases, even if they are civil. That being said, at the conclusion we will have a statement prepared."

The event didn't only attract the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, however, Assistant District Attorney Jacqueline Keating was spotted attending the charitable event in a strong showing of support from the District Attorney's Office.

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by LSNN
  • Upvote 2
  • LSNN changed the title to [LSNN] City News: Sheriff Washington & LSSD host Davis Charity Event
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic