Voiced pull over lines for the PD [GAME 4/5 - ONGOING]

Yorha

I'm neutral only because it's a text-based server but we also still have the basic siren sounds and so on. NYPD do have recordings on their PA system that sometimes loop over if they are making announcements or so on. I like it for the realism aspect, I don't like it for the fact that it gives me the VOIP feeling of GTA 5 and just imagining a five-year-old saying pullover would be absolutely out of character(Yes I know it's just an audio clip, I'm making a comparison.)

• Upvote 1

I think it would oppose the concept of text-based Roleplay server. We are meant to communicate dynamically through /m and our character would use the megaphone instead of premade text lines repeated over and over. I also simply don't like the addition of actual voices to the game, and especially not the ones provided by GTA V.

I see nothing wrong with this being added as eye (or rather, ear) candy. It isn't meant to replace text RP but to enhance it with sound effects.

Though it would be a bit immersion breaking if you hear a male cop's voice telling you to pull over and a female cop comes out, or vice versa. 

17 minutes ago, MalteseWolf said:

I see nothing wrong with this being added as eye (or rather, ear) candy. It isn't meant to replace text RP but to enhance it with sound effects.

Though it would be a bit immersion breaking if you hear a male cop's voice telling you to pull over and a female cop comes out, or vice versa. 

Well, your probably got a point... 

On 11/01/2018 at 6:56 AM, Bloodseeker said:

i think it enhances immersion, instead of breaking it

you're still going to read the text, and hear a sound too. if we take "omg server text based wtf" as an excuse for every single thing out there, we can't really get anywhere.

i would like to see this ingame

I agree with this. Would be a good addition to the server, but people should always do /m anyways, for those who don't have sound.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:20 PM, MalteseWolf said:

i guess you didnt play enough, there is a female cop that uses megaphone