cutting agents

orangejuice

Short description: Cutting agent suggestions.

Detailed description: Detailed description below.

Commands to add: N/A, although commands would be needed in a pill press system was implemented.

Items to add: More cutting agents.

How would your suggestion improve the server? A wider range of cutting agents, added realism and also ig pros/cons depending on cutting agent used.

Additional information: Read below.

We have received the drugs update, that adds the ability to cut drugs which is an amazing addition to the server script. It says that eventually we will have an advanced system based on this so I’d like to make a few suggestions for the future that somewhat add onto the great contribution made by IAMTemple and his drug suggestions. 

First of all with the current update, cutting a drug will increase the weight while decreasing the purity. I feel an extra addition could be implemented, “strength”. A drugs "strength” should be separate from a drugs purity based on the following. When planning to cut a drug, it is common for drug dealers to find a cutting agent that provides somewhat of a similar effect to the drug, in order for it to seem uncut or not as cut as it is. For example, cocaine is often cut with Benzocaine. Now I appreciate adding strength as an entire separate field may become somewhat complicated so the second best suggestion is that different cutting agents will lower the purity by different percentages. This is probably a lot easier to implement script wise but will not be realistic when cutting drugs such as heroin with fentanyl where the strength of the heroin would actually be much higher after being cut, than it was originally.

Benzocaine is an anaesthetic used by dentists, although it does not give the exact same effect as cocaine, it does produce the same numbing feeling. What I’m trying to say is, if we take two lots of cocaine (of the same original quality and weight) and we cut one with benzocaine but the other with baby teething powder and use the same measurements of cutting agent in both. Both batches have lost the same percentage of “purity”, yet the batch cut with the anaesthetic rather than a powder used for teething babies is without a doubt going to be “stronger”. This system will not only be realistic, it will form a hierarchy of cutting agents and their values. It will make some cutting agents better than others and therefore of a higher value. Different cutting agents will also without a doubt be easier or harder to come by and it will create an overall cutting agent market. 

You could either cut the drug with the first thing that comes to hand or you can do some research, find a cutting agent that produces similar effects to the drug, similar enough that you are able to cut it (increase your total weight through the loss of purity) without affecting the overall strength of the drug. Just like in real life.

Currently, to my understanding when you cut a drug, it will lose half its purity but gain double the weight. If you had 100 grams of coke at 100% strength, cutting it will produce 200 grams of coke at 50% strength. 

Cocaine:

Cocaine is a white powder we have learnt to process from the South American coca leaf. Although we definitely need to get crack added onto the server, IAMTemple covers this in his suggestion so I will just concentrate on what we could cut our Cocaine with in the future, other than baking soda.

Underneath we have, what are referred to as “psychoactive ingredients” and "fillers". Psychoactive cutting agents have an effect on the body and its senses and should lower the purity/strength much less than fillers. Fillers have no real effect on the senses and simply look similar to the cocaine, therefore can be added to it to increase weight.

Common fillers for cocaine: Baking soda, talcum powder, milk powder, corn-starch etc. These are things we can mix in with coke that will not have any psychoactive effects but will increase the weight at the cost of lowering the purity. I recommended these are all equal in attributes and are the least effective cutting agents.

Weakest psychoactive cutting agent for Cocaine = Caffeine powder- Caffeine powder is very easy to get hold of, there should be no limit on how much caffeine powder you can buy in one go, just like with baking soda currently. However mixing caffeine and cocaine is somewhat potent so it should lower the purity of the cocaine at a much lesser extent to that of baking soda and other fillers but should not be anywhere as useful as cutting with benzocaine.

Second weakest psychoactive cutting agent for Cocaine = Benzocaine- Anaesthetic that is used by dentists. It is also completely legal to buy over the counter or online, even in its purest form. However suppliers are not to sell it to anyone they suspect of wanting to use it for cutting drugs. It’s important we balance pros and cons. Therefore I suggest Benzocaine is sold in stores but there is a limit on how much you can buy per store. Meaning you would have to go around and purchase from multiple stores. Perhaps even having to send in someone that isn’t covered from head to toe in gang affiliations. 

Middle level psychoactive cutting agent for Cocaine = Lidocaine- Another anaesthetic, somewhat more potent than benzocaine. We should be able to buy less Lidocaine over the counter than we should benzocaine. Yet we should be able to get more Lidocaine than we should Procaine. It will only be slightly better than Benzocaine in terms of how much it affects the cokes strength (or purity).

Second best psychoactive cutting agent for Cocaine = Procaine- Procaine also known as Novocaine is another anaesthetic used by dentists, not only does it provide a numbing effect it can also provide mood enhancing effects. Procaine is somewhat harder to source than benzocaine and lidocaine. I suggest that procaine is also legal to purchase from a store, the limit per store is stricter than that of benzocaine and lidocaine (you can get less per store), however procaine should result in much higher strength (or purity) cocaine.

The best psychoactive current agent for Cocaine: Other drugs- Arguably the best thing we can cut cocaine with is other drugs. Methamphetamine and amphetamine are great choices. They are much cheaper than cocaine and when being mixed and mis sold as “cocaine” will fetch the dealer a much better price. 

The majority of the time, cocaine is cut with legal cutting agents so they should not be hard to obtain from a legal standpoint. Yet as they are medical in nature, their should be a limit to how many you can buy from a store at one time or perhaps even a limit how many you can buy in one day all together. This means you would need to buy a little each day or employee different people to buy some on your behalf. This will be a time consuming task and as a result, it is a lot quicker/easier to simply buy a filler such as baking soda or caffeine. Yet if you're willing to spend the time slowly purchasing bits of benzocaine on a daily basis, it will be more beneficial when it comes to the strength/purity of your product.

Heroin:

Heroin is an opioid we get from the morphine alkaloid found in opium poppy plants. When cutting our heroin we should have a choice between:

The worst cutting ingredients for Heroin - Fillers: Powdered milk, sugar, modified corn-starch. These are water soluble and that means the heroin user can dissolve his heroin still even with these added, ready for injection (although they can still block veins). These should be our lowest level of heroin cutting agents and simply increase weight while decreasing purity like baking soda currently does. There should be no limit on how much of this you can get from a shop in one go.

Middle level heroin cutting agents: Now we should have the choice between caffeine and paracetamol. 

Caffeine- The same rules apply as I stated with coke,  there should be no limit on how much caffeine powder you can buy in one go, just like with baking soda currently. However mixing caffeine and heroin is somewhat more potent than when using any of the “fillers”. 

Paracetamol (I think it's called acetaminophen in the states): This should be the strongest cutting agent you can buy over the counter for heroin, it’s a pain reliever and can make heroin actually seem of higher quality, therefore I feel if we do go with the (weight/purity/strength) option, it should increase strength and weight while decreasing purity. If we do not go with that option, it should at least only lower the purity by a very small percentage. However, you’re very limited how much paracetamol you can buy from one store at a single purchase.

Highest level heroin cutting agents: Cocaine and fentanyl.

Mixing heroin with cocaine- This is known as a speedball and could even be scripted that when cutting coke and heroin together it gives you a “speedball” as a drug of its own. People seem to like to mix the opposite effects of cocaine and heroin, cocaine is an “upper” and heroin is a “downer”. A speedball is somewhat of a crazy middle ground. This is the kind of mix we could give a higher strength when cutting.

Mixing heroin with fentanyl- Heroin is infamously, in the modern generation, cut with fentanyl. Fentanyl is actually much, much stronger (and more dangerous) than heroin. This is why I argue that strength and purity should be separate categories. If you want to realistically represent the cutting of drugs, when it comes to heroin, you cannot leave out fentanyl. Yet heroin cut with fentanyl should without a doubt, be less pure but stronger. It should also be a lot more addictive in-game and carry a much higher risk of overdose. It could perhaps even carry a random chance of causing an overdose that results in death (character kill). Most people wouldn’t know if the heroin their taking had fentanyl in, just like real life and could die as of a result. Fentanyl is extremely easy to order over the internet but I feel script wise you should only be able to obtain it through purchasing it from someone with the drug supplier script.

Meth:

Methamphetamine is a drug originally created by the Nazis. A wonder drug, allowing their soldiers to march for days on end. Today it is known as crystal meth and only really exists in countries with lower cocaine purities. I live in a country where meth is pretty much non-existent so I can only offer google results in response to this section:

Caffeine: Lowest level cutter for meth, refer to above texts on caffeine as the same rules will apply.

Other drugs: Meth is commonly cut with amphetamine (speed) and ketamine (horse tranquiliser). I don’t think these drugs exist yet on the server and would need to be added as drugs to then be used as cutting agents.

Fentanyl: Same rules as mixing heroin with fentanyl should apply.

It appears from what I’ve seen when googling the situation that rather than cutting, when it comes to meth you’re more worried about the actual quality of the cooked product and if there is high levels of phosphorus, pseudoephedrine, copper residue and sulphur that can result in the meth having a purple, brown/red, green or yellow colouring to it. Perhaps a meth cooking skill could be added, if it doesn’t exist already. Somewhat similar to the growing of weed skill. 

LSD:

LSD isn’t cut, it’s rather diluted or another product is mis sold under the label of “LSD”. Often other compounds are sold on tabs, while being called “LSD” by the dealers. I honestly feel we should just leave LSD alone in that respect.

An alternative is we add LSD liquid, we then take cardboard tabs and soak them in LSD. The supplier has the choice of how much LSD he’s going to drop onto the tabs. As a result you (as the customer) may buy a tab that has no or little LSD on it or you may end up with a tab that was very potent and contained a lot of LSD. The supplier basically has the choice of making a lot of weak tabs or a few strong ones.

Ecstasy:

We need a complete revamp of ecstasy. Ecstasy is a pill containing MDMA and some form of cutting agent. I feel we need to first add MDMA as a drug. MDMA is ecstasy in its purest form (however often it is still tampered with). Yet for fluidity of the script, I suggest that cutting MDMA is not an option and all MDMA is “pure”.  

Instead however with the use of a pill press, we can then mix MDMA and cutting agents to produce “ecstasy”. We could mix the MDMA with other drugs, especially stuff like amphetamine if it was added as it is much cheaper but has similar effects. Pills can be found to contain anything, including heroin. Caffeine would be another common cutting agent we could mix in with pills. 

The principal with pills is you should be able to get lets say, four pills of pure mdma from a gram of mdma. Yet if you mix it with a cutting agent, you will get more pills but of a lower purity/strength. We should even be able to mix different cutting agents to increase the weight while not affecting strength and or purity as much.

Edited by orangejuice
  • Upvote 2

Please leave any drugs on the server I've missed out to be edited in, also please comment any cutting agents you would like to see added into the game and for what drugs. The aim is this post can be somewhere for people to suggest cutting agents and then when GTA World begin to add in other options instead of just "baking soda" their is a list of community desired agents.

I will probably also edit in more myself at a later date, I'm just very sick at the minute so this is all I had the energy to type out

Edited by orangejuice

i agree with all of this but, some of this is too ambitious, we know they're not gonna add a pill pressing system, it took 2 years to even have a purity/renaming drug system.

support though, this is all quality ideas

Edited by Pathway
  • mj2002 locked this topic