Umbrellas in 24/7

StrayCat

Short description: Umbrellas to be bought from 24/7s and used with a command.

Detailed description: With the recent addition of the umbrella animation, I think it's reasonable for umbrellas to be sold in convenience stores. Allow the usage of /anim femaleumbrella/maleumbrella only after using the umbrella item. Something similar to how the smoking cigarettes work maybe?

Commands to add: Quoting from the previous umbrella suggestion:

"Add object as buyable inventory item, being able to press 'use' like any other item which gives you the umbrella in hand and toggles the already available animation of holding the umbrella."

Items to add: There's already an umbrella animation, just the item to be available in 24/7s.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Additional item for 24/7 stores, and would allow people to actually acquire umbrellas when its raining, otherwise they'll be prompted to wear a hoodie or stay out of the rain. 

Additional information: 

• Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...

It's true that my original suggestion about adding the umbrella was to add them as inventory item to the 24/7 stores. I remember that I was waiting for two weeks after it got added and eventually asking the testers where I could get it and they told me it was an animation lol. After it got added as an animation I realised that it wouldn't bring any benefits by adding this as an object and I think it's fine as it currently is.

You never seen a umbrella getting expired after one hour @mj2002? lmao

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

But why should they expire?

At that time I thought it would be easier for the devs to use similar coding from cigarette, like /useitem to activate the animation. But tbh I just realized Camera is a thing, where if you have a camera on your inventory you can use the /camera command. Nvm what I said LMAO.

3 minutes ago, Gambrino said:

At that time I thought it would be easier for the devs to use similar coding from cigarette, like /useitem to activate the animation. But tbh I just realized Camera is a thing, where if you have a camera on your inventory you can use the /camera command. Nvm what I said LMAO.

But that camera is also a strange thing. Most of the phones that are sold in Los Santos are smartphones, which already have cameras. Why would you need to buy a camera if you already have it on your phone?

6 minutes ago, Farmer said:

But that camera is also a strange thing. Most of the phones that are sold in Los Santos are smartphones, which already have cameras. Why would you need to buy a camera if you already have it on your phone?

Camera is not strange, it's completely a different thing. On IC perspective, it could be a DSLR or a Mirrorless Camera that have higher megapixels. But tbh they should add a camera feature on our phones, I'm sure it was brought up a lot of times already.

• mj2002 locked this topic