[Suggestion] Allow or ban voice for everybody during a PD situation.

Should we ban voice communication for PD so they play on neutral ground?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally think that nobody who values fair play and their characters should be under disadvantage or advantage due to OOC circumstances, such as voice-messaging which PD/SD members are allowed to use in a text-server, due to the dynamic situation of a chase or anything of the sort. 

The logic behind this perk, is in the fact that if the said faction members were to type, they would have it very difficult to catch up and deal with the situation at hand.

My question is very simple; Why would PD's difficulty to interact between their members have more importance or value than the "criminal" side to interact between them via VOIP, instead of having to type it ICly via /r or SMS?

This is a heavy roleplay server, and certain situations matter same as any others for everybody's character development, and I'm sure nobody would like to end up in prison, shot, or busted simply because they have to stop driving/running to type to their friends, while LSPD does not have to worry about that at all.

TLDR: Make a specific rule to allow VOIP communication in interactions with LSPD/SD if your character has a specific item such as a radio or anything of the sort, using the same logic that allows PD/SD members to do it, or ban it from both sides and let it be a fair play of text-updating.

While I might be supportive of some change, the choice to phrase the poll in a way intended to make one option seem the obvious negative choice ultimately makes the poll worthless.

Given your choice, I choose not to share my solutions, or support your proposal.

The wording in your poll is unfair and disputable. The current purpose of TeamSpeak and its availability to LEO factions is not to provide "OOC advantages", so I won't be voting in your poll as that would be a false admission.

I do feel it is critical that some new regulations are enforced by the staff team and the legal factions management team about what TeamSpeak can and cannot be used for.

I feel a solution which satisfies criminal role-players who are concerned metagame occurs outside of TAC channels, would be to prevent the usage of TeamSpeak at all outside of TAC channels, by removing the ability to speak in duty channels and purely have them for organisational purposes. This is not something I support but rather an alternative to scrapping TeamSpeak altogether.