Cellphone Item

Simple application, you need to have a cellphone item in your /inv (weightless) to utilize any phone functions or receive messages. Commands will get rejected if you don't have the item, including radio except for on-duty with certain jobs.

I think these should be purchasable at any 24/7 cheaply, unless an additional store is added for them. This will mean you can physically seize and optionally destroy someone's phone, preventing powergame. However, more importantly, this will mean in correctional facilities and jails it can become a contraband item. Rather than have to place an OOC rule or a script barrier that prevents all cellphone use, players simply won't be able to use phones when they're taken, but if they manage to get their hands on one they are free to use it as they please (knowing it could cause punishment).

Another option would be to have different devices, such as phones that only have calling and not texting, or radio only devices.

• Upvote 2

We need those iFruits in :D I really like the system GTAO operates for phones maybe there could be a icon for ad when you open it you could type in ad and see how many ads been posted like review some of them. Then also contacts, SMS, Calls, Call Log, Selfie - Camera, Call taxi or something similar to give phone a feel to it. also add animation /anim phone4 when you take your cell out or checks ads, /anim phone5 when calling someone and /anim takepic for selfie I think it would be amazing addition if we be able to see someone's phone and see what they doing with it. Cause at this state we can only do /anim phone4 and roleplay checking ads.

3 hours ago, Mattkov said:

Great suggestion, if you destroy someone's phone the person should keep their number. Burner phones should be added as well.

Yeah, honestly I think their number and contacts should carry over. I just think they should be prevented from using the commands without an item, most phone services these days back up your stuff to the cloud.

1 hour ago, Archix said:

We need those iFruits in :D I really like the system GTAO operates for phones maybe there could be a icon for ad when you open it you could type in ad and see how many ads been posted like review some of them. Then also contacts, SMS, Calls, Call Log, Selfie - Camera, Call taxi or something similar to give phone a feel to it. also add animation /anim phone4 when you take your cell out or checks ads, /anim phone5 when calling someone and /anim takepic for selfie I think it would be amazing addition if we be able to see someone's phone and see what they doing with it. Cause at this state we can only do /anim phone4 and roleplay checking ads.

Pretty sure the phones already do anims for calling, at least.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This would be great too if you, for example, role-play a relationship with someone else and suspect your partner is cheating on you so you can force them to hand you their phone and check the messages or something like that.

Or if you suspect that a faction member is working with other factions and being disloyal towards you in general, you can check their phones to see if they've done anything.

• Upvote 1