[Suggestion] Taxi company meters

Short description: As a transport company we have loads of vehicles that you can choose to hire, or we can pick you up in. A meter counter on those more luxury vehicles would be a great touch and help with the professional aspect.

Detailed description: At the minute taxi meters are only in cabs, but with companies like the one I work in (Integrity Transit) it would help facilitate more realistic roleplay scenarios. If you could some how edit the image or style of the taxi meter for more luxury vehicles then type a command to start the meter in that vehicle and set the fare normally with /fare as you can easily set the rate at 150 or so on.

Commands to add: /taximeteradd ? /taximeteredit /taximeterremove

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? I believe that it would allow for more dynamic roleplaying scenarios and help expand a new type of transportation roleplay, also allowing us to facilitate more RP and jobs for our employees.

Additional information: N/A

On 5/10/2020 at 4:19 PM, Late said:

There is nothing good about the meter, it kills more RP than it creates. I'd like to see other official taxi models added before you can just uber it up in anything. 

Because it is not working properly... that is why... If I stop to a red light the meter usually stops too... automatic.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:19 PM, Late said:

There is nothing good about the meter, it kills more RP than it creates. I'd like to see other official taxi models added before you can just uber it up in anything. 

Sorry I'm going to have to disagree. Everyone in the business I work in is implored to use cruise control and roleplay interactively with all their customers. Now as we offer more luxurious styles of transport such as SUV's and Limos, we need a way to keep a fare meter so people do not accuse us of overcharging. It's more a guideline for the company and installing a bit of confidence in the player. 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic