I need a bit of help please! :)

Anas

Hi guys, I'm fairly new here.

I usually just play GTA SAMP (servers like LSRP, etc. for anyone who may know <3)

I want to get started and play here, although I don't have GTA 5 or anything.

Is it possible to play GTA World by torrenting a version of GTA 5 online?

Any tips are appreciated, I saw a couple YT videos and GTA5 RP seems very interesting to me!

Thanks.

Just now, Marshall said:

I think it won't work if you don't get the game through legal ways.

Interesting, also is this server run thru FiveM? I'm still a bit unfamiliar as to what FiveM is... Just trying to wrap my head around things

RageMP(https://rage.mp/) the client we are using to play, requires the copy of GTAV to be legitimate, using Social Club (Rockstar's launcher) to verify that. So a pirated version will not work due to the obvious lack of having a proper license. My suggestion would be keep an eye out for sales, usually GTAV is sold with hefty discounts.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

RageMP the client we are using to play, requires the copy of GTAV to be legitimate, using Social Club (Rockstar's launcher) to verify that. So a pirated version will not work due to the obvious lack of having a proper license. My suggestion would be keep an eye out for sales, usually GTAV is sold with hefty discounts.

Got it, thank you.

Also, this may sound like a silly question but how optimized is GTA 5? Like do I need a 700 - 800 dollar PC to play it? I have an i5 3570, 12gb ddr3 ram, and a gtx 1050ti...

Just now, Anas said:

Got it, thank you.

Also, this may sound like a silly question but how optimized is GTA 5? Like do I need a 700 - 800 dollar PC to play it? I have an i5 3570, 12gb ddr3 ram, and a gtx 1050ti...

Should run, do not expect 4K out of it. You'd be able to hit Medium graphical settings @ 1080p(just aim for 60fps, you should be good ? ), maybe higher. Right now on Steam GTAV is sold for $40, so you could find it even cheaper, though I would suggest buying Steam version and not Rockstar Launcher one, since modding Steam is easier and less problems. (Friend had issue Rockstar Launcher blocking mods or crashing when files changed and shit)

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Bash locked this topic