Crime Reports on the Los Santos Department Website

RapatKung

2r8dD2K.png        LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT

CRIME REPORTS ON THE WEBSITE

Detailed description: 

Add a sub-category on LSPD (Los Santos Police Department) website that allows players to report crime using a created format. Police Officers must investigate based on the information by the reporting party with or without evidence.

Remember that when there are lack of evidences, police can always trash the report. (edited after a reply by Lloydski)

How would your suggestion improve the server?.

Since receptionists at Mission Row Police Department cannot be online for 24 hours, it would make sense to do this via the website. This can increase investigation roleplay and more fear to criminals to commit a crime.

RECOMMENDED INFORMATION FORMAT

Spoiler

REPORTING PARTY INFORMATION

Name:

Last name:

Date of Birth:

Crime Description

Location of the incident:

Date and Time of the incident:

Detailed Description of the incident:

The suspect's description:

Evidence

[Video/Image]

(CCTV Footage, Pictures of the suspects, ETC)

Edited by RapatKung
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

No. You can always call the non emergency line to get a police officer to post an incident report internally. 
this will just create a lot of spam from players. We can not investigate something without evidence and will just lead to a lot of abuse. 

Abuses are IC issues.

If you think police can't investigate without evidence, then they can always trash the reports with the reasons, "lack of evidence"

I want to keep you in mind that timezone difference is the issue, most of the times when I play there are barely 60-90 players.

And I'm pretty certain, no one will respond me at that time.

Edited by RapatKung
Just now, RapatKung said:

Abuses are IC issues.

I want to keep you in mind that timezone difference is the issue, most of the times when I play there are barely 60-90 players.

Also, there was a time I called emergency hotline, no one responded.

No abuses are really not IC issues when someone uses it to take revenge for a OOC thing. 

A tipline could be good, however, forcing the LSPD to "investigate with or without evidence" is questionable. It should be up to the LSPD whether to follow up any reports made based on the information and/or evidence given.

This is ultimately a question for LSPD leadership such as @Big_Smokes.

Edited by Lloydski
  • Upvote 2
Just now, RapatKung said:

I'm certain that is something we can control.

I like the base of the idea, but the implementation is the thing that worries me the most. At least the forcing part, we can’t always investigate a crime without evidence, etc. but a tip line would be cool. 

2 hours ago, Tennplugg said:

I like the base of the idea, but the implementation is the thing that worries me the most. At least the forcing part, we can’t always investigate a crime without evidence, etc. but a tip line would be cool. 

You're not gonna force anything. Just like in real life, you have the possibility to report a crime and it is up to the police to decide if it is legitimate or not. If it turns out you are wasting their time, you will be charged for obstruction. However, these reports should be kept to a high standard and limited to certain categories which can actually be investigated, to eliminate spam. For example, reports on House burglaries and Murder could be valid if there is some evidence (CCTV recordings, pictures taken on a phone...)

• Upvote 1