Mobile (not cellphone) Business Services

lux

Short description: Enable certain businesses to be a job that can be mobile.

Detailed description: We have access to some really great customization that requires you going to a store and NPCing buying clothes, makeup, tattoos, hair style that rarely have people opening up to roleplay. It would be great if people could purchase a "mobile" service to do home-callouts for stuff like hairdressing and such.

Say my character was a hairdresser, she doesn't need to buy a brick and mortar store to add to the cluster of hair stylist shops that are currently in-game. Instead, she can go to someone's house and offer a temporary command to the client for them to change their hairstyle (that must be RPed). The same could be done for makeup artists, tattoo artists and clothes stylists. Obviously, this should potentially be something a person must apply for to avoid /everyone/ buying it from the UCP to be able to change their stuff on the go.

I think this opens up more "small business" opportunities for people that don't necessarily want to own a store and brings some roleplay to the current customization that we have.

Commands to add: Possibly /haircutmenu, /tattoomenu, /clothesmenu? 

Items to add: None required.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: I think it would help with people that do not necessarily want to purchase a store if it doesn't fit their character story to own one. Say, a small apprentice starting out or someone that only does it as a small hobby. It avoids people having to roleplay the haircut and then run to a store to change the option. 

Currently, I believe if you own a clothing store - you can't profit from it as you do not own the script. This could be a good way of getting paid ICly for your role-play, as the menu is free - or make it so it costs a fee to "purchase" the menu service. /haircutmenuaccept - would charge you say $300. 

Just an idea ?

Edited by ashlyii
  • Upvote 6

Good idea.

Seems weird if people are RP'ing a small independent business like a hair dresser 9/10 they go to the client, so these additional commands would come in handy.

Would save the person running to one of the stores required and paying that store for a haircut/tattoo/new clothes.

+1

• mj2002 locked this topic