Multi Theft Auto

Augustus

went from samp to MTA to samp back to MTA then back to samp. now i've come from samp.

on MTA i've played every major english RP server since the original (original as in the community that developed the gamemode a fucking decade ago and its still being used) forefathers of MTA roleplaying, valhalla gaming.

had my first somewhat realistic LCN rp experienced on valhalla, been rping LCN ever since.

• Developer

Could say I had similar lineup. Started on SAMP in local Estonian servers. Then moved to to international stuff, until I reached Valhalla SAMP. Got tired of that at one point. If my memory is correct I then started playing in rp server called MTARP. From that day onward, I never looked back to SAMP. Once mtarp closed down I found out Valhalla had opened MTA server, moved there and then basically visited all of it's latter iterations (United, Owl and I think there was one more).

Then GTA 5 got released I just couldn't bring myself to return to the world of San Andreas. I then started waiting until GTA 5 gets some playable mta/samp kind of modification so we can get proper RP on it, if ever.

On 4/20/2020 at 8:59 PM, GameBurrow said:

Could say I had similar lineup. Started on SAMP in local Estonian servers. Then moved to to international stuff, until I reached Valhalla SAMP. Got tired of that at one point. If my memory is correct I then started playing in rp server called MTARP. From that day onward, I never looked back to SAMP. Once mtarp closed down I found out Valhalla had opened MTA server, moved there and then basically visited all of it's latter iterations (United, Owl and I think there was one more).

Then GTA 5 got released I just couldn't bring myself to return to the world of San Andreas. I then started waiting until GTA 5 gets some playable mta/samp kind of modification so we can get proper RP on it, if ever.

wait what the fuck. MTARP wasnt before valhalla gaming's server lmao, considering that the script that MTARP used was valhalla gaming's script.

edit: and i'm pretty sure that mta:rp was around even during owl gaming.

Edited by moonman
  • Developer
On 4/27/2020 at 1:40 PM, moonman said:

wait what the fuck. MTARP wasnt before valhalla gaming's server lmao, considering that the script that MTARP used was valhalla gaming's script.

edit: and i'm pretty sure that mta:rp was around even during owl gaming.

Could be, it was so long time ago, I could have mixed things up.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Remember I've tried Valhalla gaming on MTA back in 2010-2011. I was spechless on how advanced the scripts were.. they had SCRIPTED INDICATEORS on vehicles.. fuck me ! then I remeber an unmarked Primo drove past me with custom siren on (both, visual and audio) and then the custom skins / cars. Didn't stick to it tho as I felt LS:RP was more alive at the time.

I didn't come from Multi Theft Auto, though I did play on Owl Gaming a little bit when I was trying to mix thing sup a little bit. I couldn't get to grips with it, but maybe I didn't give it enough time. What's it like nowadays? Is it still active?

I tried Valhalla Gaming for a while.

MTA was superior to SAMP scriptwise but never got too much attention. There's where I created my first serious cartel project "Grupo de los C30" around 2011 and then I stopped playing for a while until I came back to RP on SAMP and LSRP around 2013.

Something I really liked about that MTA server was that guns had no crosshair, so the shootings were more realistic and immersive, I wish we had that implemented here so people uses first person and the gun sights when in a shootout.

I remember a guy called "Effect" but I never heard back from him, so if you are around here Effect, let me know, my username was Sick Dogs in that server.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh boy. MTA is where I was born and raised when it comes to roleplay. Originally I started with SAMP in some  tiny ass irrelevant servers, but then I found MTA.

Started with vG back in, I think 2011? Something like that. Then came rG. Then Ace. Then uG. Then Owl. Then Vice. There have been so many servers on MTA. One always took the lead, but it never really lasted. It always died out after a while and another took its place. 

Before MrWussWuss I was Overlord, if anyone remembers. In case I was an asshole to you at any point, I'm sorry about that. I was pretty angry at the world as a teenager. Emotional roller coaster. Personal issues. Went by quite a few names there. Oliver Blackwood, Matthew Lawson, Jessica Crips, Dick Ferbison, few others. 

Shame it's more-or-less died out, but, I've found more enjoyment in GTA:W in the short time I've been here than I did in the entirety of my MTA experience. There's stability and a clear no-bullshit attitude to people who are shit (either by roleplay standards or just as people). Still, the nostalgia is there every now and then. 

• Upvote 1