Vehicle class licenses

Orcaninja

To add an additional cost I think it would be good if there were vehicle class licenses that you need before you can get certain kinds of vehicles. These would be:

• Airplanes
  • Helicopters
  • Motorcycles
  • Commercial trucks

Having these kinds of fees would help justify having a lower cost for motorcycles IMO since to buy them you'll need to do a fee. For the other three types of vehicles people need to know how to use them properly. For used vehicles you could do it without the license of course. It'd only be at scripted dealerships where you need to have the license already.

So if you buy one used it'd be on you to get the license. 

Doing this would require making changes to the DMV to have an interface menu to show the multiple license types. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a great idea, it allows people to Roleplay restrictions. Example: Someone purely RP'ing driving only a motorcycle and only having that license. It creates:

On 11/13/2017 at 8:03 AM, BigDoubleOG said:

Add this, it will create realism

And that's very important as well as very creative for a character. Of course this will be needed to be implement for the Legal Factions (LSPD ect) to use accordingly ect. I love this idea. +1 Support. 

On 11/14/2017 at 8:25 PM, Jimenez said:

Please don't. There's no real need for this. Yes it is immersive, but it equally if not more, a pain in the ass

It's realistic, doesn't matter if it's a pain in the ass for you. If it makes Roleplay more realistic as well as serious like it should be, plus it's more fun to have this in than just a plain vehicle test for all licenses, the immersive is there.

Edited by Christofo
6 hours ago, Christofo said:

It's realistic, doesn't matter if it's a pain in the ass for you. If it makes Roleplay more realistic as well as serious like it should be, plus it's more fun to have this in than just a plain vehicle test for all licenses, the immersive is there.

I fail to see how such a pain in the ass can be viewed as fun. "Oh man I just got my truck license, yes yes yes!!!111!".

Waste of development resources if you ask me.

28 minutes ago, Jimenez said:

I fail to see how such a pain in the ass can be viewed as fun. "Oh man I just got my truck license, yes yes yes!!!111!".

Waste of development resources if you ask me.

For one, it would make hauling goods a slightly more exclusive activity, strengthening roleplay through the fact that people would be more likely to employ delivery and logistics companies to, for example, restock their business or carry their furniture around when they move (if such a thing will be possible) rather than just renting or buying a truck and doing it themselves.

Even more so if a recurring cost and responsibility is added to each type of license, such as the need to renew it by going to a certain location in-game and paying a fee say every 1 month.

• Upvote 1