Make radio channel backchatter audible in chat.

Skip

Easy enough. The only way this would alter the existing system is by making radio communication between all parties on the same channel audible as long as a receiver is on. 

As long as more than one person in a radius is on the same channel, to avoid crosstalk, the message would appear in public once as ** Radio - Name: xxx **. Only users of the radio would know what channel is being used. Edit: I like @vermin's suggestion that upon dropping an active radio, it would continue to relay that channel and anyone who picks it up could determine that channel.

If you wanna make it more complicated, there could be /radio hi, lo, mute and squawk options to control volume match it up to regular conversation and /low radiuses. 

Personally, I'm against any earpiece options except maybe to high-level SWAT or undercovers--not beat cops or gangbangers or mechanics.

Edited by Skip
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

how about making the radio item's configuration static across owners? so that anyone who picks up a radio discarded after death can see what the dead player's frequency was set to. 

Edited by vermin
  • Applaud 1
  • 1 year later...

Maybe even have 3 kinds of actual radios :

1 - Truck variant, can be installed in mechanic garages - 5000$ . *(Full map)

2 - Handheld walkie-talkie, can be bought from hardware stores -  5000$ . *(1/3 map)

3 - Headset, can also be bought from hardware stores but is more expensive then walkie-talkie - 7500$. *(1/3 map)

*() Optional radiuses for each as well.

Edited by Guest
Oh, forgot to add that the reason I even posted was that for the headset there would not be any audible backchatter, first two have.
1 hour ago, Tr1bal said:

Maybe even have 3 kinds of actual radios :

1 - Truck variant, can be installed in mechanic garages - 5000$ . *(Full map)

2 - Handheld walkie-talkie, can be bought from hardware stores -  5000$ . *(1/3 map)

3 - Headset, can also be bought from hardware stores but is more expensive then walkie-talkie - 7500$. *(1/3 map)

*() Optional radiuses for each as well.

Good idea

• mj2002 locked this topic