[QOL] Make paychecks message auto vanish after a time? or maybe an option to remap the hotkey to close the message box?

I love the new CEF paychecks update. It no longer clutters my chat whenever I got a paycheck notification. I'm all up for this improvement, yet I see a minor flaw with it: Is that you need to press E to close the UI. It's okay first day or two, or maybe for the first week. But, it's started getting more like a chore and more annoying to do than having cluttered chat. I also note that this E button also is the same button as honk in vehicles. So, when you try to close the paycheck, you also honk your vehicle. (which I've already experienced one awkward crash RP when the crashed person had to "honk" to close the paycheck menu whilst being rescued out by EMS, and they had to go /b OOC honk sorry, to close the paycheck thing). At this point, I'm a bit considering toggling off the CEF thing just because of this, which is a bit suck.

+1

Absolutely agree. The new UI popup for stuff looks great, I love it. But I don't understand why the devs made it so you have to manually press a button to close them. They should close automatically after a few seconds.

• Developer
6 hours ago, ywonnie said:

I love the new CEF paychecks update. It no longer clutters my chat whenever I got a paycheck notification. I'm all up for this improvement, yet I see a minor flaw with it: Is that you need to press E to close the UI. It's okay first day or two, or maybe for the first week. But, it's started getting more like a chore and more annoying to do than having cluttered chat. I also note that this E button also is the same button as honk in vehicles. So, when you try to close the paycheck, you also honk your vehicle. (which I've already experienced one awkward crash RP when the crashed person had to "honk" to close the paycheck menu whilst being rescued out by EMS, and they had to go /b OOC honk sorry, to close the paycheck thing). At this point, I'm a bit considering toggling off the CEF thing just because of this, which is a bit suck.

• Upvote 1