PURGE

Detailed Description: Yeah, title might sound dumb and childish, but listen. Event where you could get it all out of your system. Starting 8PM, ending 8AM, no rules apply in that time. Let people get it all out of the system. Let the hell break loose. You can post up with your friends in the hood, cruise around find your victims or you just don't log in at those hours. Let it be mass dm fest or whatever, whoever wants it to be. 

Basically, I have two options in mind -

a) softcore purge  - same as all big events - new dimension, you pull up there, get in and get to your location or wherever you want to do the activity. You could tap out at any given time. Additional option would be if you go in, server saves what items and stuff you before you teleported, same stuff you'd get back when coming out. Everything stays in that dimension. 
Pros: people who don't want to purge can play that night;
People who might wanna try it, can do it without losing stuff;

Cons: no real benefit for people who would really want to get it out of their system;
Setting it up script wise (?);

b) hardcore  purge - once you login past 8PM, upon death, you lose what you'd normally lose. No special dimension.  Looting timers of bodies reduced to 5-10 minutes. No police, no medics, no open businesses, no reports - pure anarchy. Go kill, loot, steal - whatever that you are feeling, with no consequencess. Just need to make sure that people who don't want to participate, can't get affected by this (burglaries, for example). 

Pros: trigger happy dudes can finally showoff their skill to the world, maybe do less killings in the server after purge;

Boost illegals businesses - high demand for guns and drugs;

Cons: accidental logins for people who don't want to participate;

How will this benefit the server:

Gta.world is huge community. Many people here have been in situations where they are few clicks away from being banned or punished. And sometimes this punishment doesn't seem right too. Basically, the idea would be the same as the movie - if you feel like you need to get out of the system - go for it. Do everything. But behave in the meantime, be a decent human being (as we all should be). This should decrease amount of rule breakers. 

P.s.

Yes. It may sound like 15 years old kid who just watched The Purge wrote this, but I had this idea in mind for a few days already and I had to get it out, even tho it's 5AM. Sorry for my grammar. 

• Upvote 2