State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Barbary said:

Problem with that is after the big auto update dropped, a bunch of people complained about the cars 'breaking too easy' so they jacked the HP up a shitton.

Okay? At the moment the vehicle HP are fine. If people drive around like lunatics they will get their vehicle broken real quick anyway. I do believe if the repair costs were higher, people would have a direct reason to start driving more carefully. 

4 minutes ago, yag tnera spart said:

Okay? At the moment the vehicle HP are fine. If people drive around like lunatics they will get their vehicle broken real quick anyway. I do believe if the repair costs were higher, people would have a direct reason to start driving more carefully. 

People have plenty of ways to get around that regardless. Either having a friend who owns a garage so they get repairs for cheap/free, or owning multiple vehicles that they cycle through, or having such an insane cash reserve that even dropping $50K on a repair is a drop in the bucket.

23 minutes ago, Barbary said:

People have plenty of ways to get around that regardless. Either having a friend who owns a garage so they get repairs for cheap/free, or owning multiple vehicles that they cycle through, or having such an insane cash reserve that even dropping $50K on a repair is a drop in the bucket.

Huh? Having friends is part of the roleplay so I don't see an issue with that, even though I won't see that happening from experience.

People who run around like that are usually new or do not understand much about the server and they do not have much money.

Having a lot of cars to cycle through? I guess, but it's a RPQ concern and they won't have infinite cars anyway.

3 minutes ago, yag tnera spart said:

Huh? Having friends is part of the roleplay so I don't see an issue with that, even though I won't see that happening from experience.

People who run around like that are usually new or do not understand much about the server and they do not have much money.

Having a lot of cars to cycle through? I guess, but it's a RPQ concern and they won't have infinite cars anyway.

I'm not saying it's a problem in a vacuum, I'm just listing a few ways off the top of my head how relying on repair bills (even if the cost was increased) wouldn't really fix the traffic issue.

6 minutes ago, Barbary said:

I'm not saying it's a problem in a vacuum, I'm just listing a few ways off the top of my head how relying on repair bills (even if the cost was increased) wouldn't really fix the traffic issue.

Stricter laws only work IF cops are around AND those cops are willing to do something about it.

Repairs are a result of bad driving habits and one way or another will inevitably get to poor drivers. At the moment these repairs can be done both at a garage or by simply right clicking your vehicle, waiting 30 seconds, and then paying 500$. They could be more effective, but they are not.

12 minutes ago, yag tnera spart said:

Stricter laws only work IF cops are around AND those cops are willing to do something about it.

That's the thing, they are. That's why every LEO in this thread has been yelling 'Let us take licenses' and 'let us take cars.'

To be fair, the only think I really think is needed is a revamp of the drivers license taking system. It's really easy and yes, it should be easier for newer players but I think it should be upgraded a little bit and more advanced.

9 hours ago, Barbary said:

That's the thing, they are. That's why every LEO in this thread has been yelling 'Let us take licenses' and 'let us take cars.'

The funny thing is I can throw someone in jail for going 120 down vespucci, blowing my side mirrors off in the process, runnning 4 intersections. And he'd be out before the paperwork's done printing. 

Extra funny if they plea no contest, contest, and then get charges dropped cause the judge goes "What do you mean going mach 3 down vespucci whilst running 4 intersections and narrowly missing a patrol car is reckless?!"

The only people who still go after traffic offenses are the actual traffic folks in PD (And SD? I think?) and even then, there's only a select few willing to throw the book, because the book is poorly defined, open to interpretation or just plain lacking. 
the max fine for speeding only goes up to 7.5k and you need to be caught 3 times before you'll start getting that number in fines. Drop in a pond considering the people who do end up getting caught 3 times are the ones driving cars worth half a mil. You could make the fines 50k per time you get caught. People just do what they do now, and just not pay them. Cause there's zero oversight. Courts don't actively keep track of fines being paid or not. Cops do. And it's up to cops to "Alert" the courts and go "Hey courts, this guy hasn't paid his fines." However for whatever reason, some smart potato decided "The current 3 days to pay fines is way, way to short. I shall instead make it so they have a whole 28 days to not pay their fines."

So you can't do anything for a month, and by the time the month's passed. You'll have already forgotten about this, because time doesn't stop & neither does your workload. 

Take the approach of seasoned traffic coppers. They'll put themselves in a position where they can nail you for reckless driving without too much effort. You again need to be caught 3 times before you start experiencing license suspensions or impounds. And even then. Those same people who get caught and now lost their elegy for 4 days, still have a retro commet, a sunrise, and a sultan RS in their garage.

Not to worry! If they hop into either one of those, they'll be caught for driving on a suspended license! 

Yeah, except for the fact that the jail time for that specificly is 45 minutes. Considering jail time goes down 3x faster if you're online. They're, again, out before the paperwork is well & truly done. If they're unlucky they'll have lost that car aswell.

And still have another 2 laying around. 

Like I said. No teeth in the penal code. Leading to a laissez-faire attitude, leading to what we have now. 

Edited by Kenshi
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1