Texture loss with NVE

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there specific areas of the map that have texture loss? Or is it everywhere?

NVE a pretty resource-intensive graphics mod overall. You could try the most recent update to NVE that was released on the 4th, to my knowledge there were some optimizations done to help with performance.

NVE usually needs to be tweaked by deleting a few folders to ensure things load as intended, as a lot of the textures overwrite any packs/mods you already had in. Usually though, texture loss is a ram/cpu issue, not sure what your config is.

44 minutes ago, Brant said:

Are there specific areas of the map that have texture loss? Or is it everywhere?

NVE a pretty resource-intensive graphics mod overall. You could try the most recent update to NVE that was released on the 4th, to my knowledge there were some optimizations done to help with performance.

usually around davis n little seoul, sometimes hawick but the gameconfig stuff usually helps it recover

dont know about NVE specifically but i have RV and i get consistent texture loss when my in-game graphics are set to anything above normal, and i have pretty ass specs. might just be a VRAM/memory issue. try closing background apps when the game is running. if that doesn't work then it might just be a spec diff tbh

2 hours ago, Fireworks said:

Do you have some body mods installed too that you've failed to inform about? If so, remove those and give it a try.

NVE only causes textureloss if you're playing on Ultra settings for everything on a low end PC.

i had smoothfaces but i removed it but i play on very high settings