Do people really take this game so serious? Cringe on purpose? Taking it too far? (CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION)

Games are an escape from reality for most, some people struggle with a lot of mental shit irl or they have a miserable job, life or whatever. As so, they go to video games or in this case GTA world to fulfill those needs to socialize by replicating them basically and overdoing it in some cases

The players on this server aren't much different from other addictive games such as WoW or alike, it's just a different kind of escape in this instance

Is it okay or normal? Nah, just like any other addiction it's not healthy and is detrimental towards their well-being

In my personal opinion there's a lot of causes outside of the game that cause them to go to video games (or in this case GTAW) to replicate what they can't have irl. From what I've observed in the past with those kind of people that they either have some sort of condition, or alike that makes it more difficult for them to be actually social irl and touching some grass, and most of them are pretty normal human beings but just struggle in those cases

which also can explain why people get so attached to the game, the character and alike cause it becomes their life, basically

gtaw can be fun, but just like anything - should be done in moderation and becomes an issue when you overdo it

I disagree.  To you, it might be a game.  

I am a fond believer in the Omerta and the Code of Silence.  I've spent that long RPing as an Italian if I did it IRL I could possibly have my button now and a nice pastry store by Brooklyn Bridge.

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Helm said:

I too believe ERP is a sin.

I, however, did not smoke whatever the fuck you were smoking right before you posted this. 

I smoked common sense.

gta world is my life dont tell me how to live it ill do whatever i want ill play the server im fine its not a problem im fine i can stop any time i dont need to donate for the /bad i just wanted it its for my business its okay im fine dont even worry stop worrying dont tell me how to live my life let me play the server i need gta world gta world is my life its all i have i want the server to stay up forever i need gta world

as a direct quote from you, "people who erp are sick and mentally ill." i think people who spend their entire day fantasizing and thinking about erpers, to the point where it becomes a genuine hatred - are mentally ill and sick. who cares? does it bother you? for the people who do erp, does it cause an inability for you to function as a human being? probably not

• Upvote 7
1 minute ago, dia said:

as a direct quote from you, "people who erp are sick and mentally ill." i think people who spend their entire day fantasizing and thinking about erpers, to the point where it becomes a genuine hatred - are mentally ill and sick. who cares? does it bother you? for the people who do erp, does it cause an inability for you to function as a human being? probably not

its not a hatred. its an opinion, as in discussion. thats my opinion, and i have a right to have one. whether someone likes it or not.

A discussion is a form of interactive communication between two or more people in which ideas, thoughts, information, or opinions are exchanged, debated, or deliberated.

Howdy,

You might not be able to tell it now but there was a time in my life when I was down so low, a mosquito wouldn't even bite me. I lost my job, my four wheel drive, I even got throwed outta my trailer. All because of one thing, esexin. That's all my life was, was esexin. Nothing else. I was on that last lap with that checkered flag about to wave me into hell but I got lucky. I got in a rehab program down there at Redstone Arsenal, down there in Alabamar. And with them people helping me? That stroking them keys to that esex was no longer a part of my life. And I could proudly say that today, I do not esex. Now, I'll login into GTAW and I will RP but as far as that esexin goes? I WON'T DO IT.

I'll login to GTAW and I'll RP, you know? It's impolite to not RP with your friends when they invite you to their new faction. But as far as esexin goes? I don't do it. Now, I'll RP in a club, I will RP in a club and I'll even tip the strippers but I will not esex them. I'll tell, me and my faction? We'll do some tipping, it's Wednesday night and everything and we're bored and IG and that strip club opens? We're /paying every stripper! But we do not do that there esexin anymore.

This message brought to you by the Redstone Esex Rehabilitation Center reminding you to just say no to esex and always fade to black.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Strikac said:

its not a hatred. its an opinion, as in discussion. thats my opinion, and i have a right to have one. whether someone likes it or not.

ooooooh respect

Edited by dia
  • Developer

2024, February, and people are still saying that people who are roleplaying something that somebody else finds out 'cringe' are 'mentally ill'... Personally, I think you should talk with someone about that and seek out for help. Don't take that as a direct 'attack' towards you or something, as you said above - 'in which ideas, thoughts, information, or opinions are exchanged' - thats my personal thought. I'm not trying to defend anyone, of course.

7 minutes ago, dia said:

Exactly this. Thank you for saying that @dia

• Upvote 7