[SADE] Statement by Superintendent of Public Instruction Priya Rajkumar on Support Davis High Funding Petition

ns9XbDU.png

Statement by Superintendent of Public Instruction Priya Rajkumar on Support Davis High Funding Petition

STATE CAPITOL — SPI Priya Rajkumar today issued the following statement in response to Davis High petitioners regarding underfunding concerns.

I want to acknowledge and address the concerns raised by Ms. Pearlette Clary and the dedicated faculty members at Davis High School regarding their funding challenges and withheld pay.  I understand the urgency and gravity of the situation, and I want to assure you that the Department of Education are fully committed to tackling this issue. Our goal is to seek answers to the questions raised in the recent petition; found here.

An immediate and thorough review of Davis High School's educational budgetary allocations and financials is underway, including a comprehensive examination of the funds donated to ensure they have been appropriately disbursed for the intended educators and students, and a careful assessment of payroll matters, or lack there of, for this fiscal quarter. We will work diligently to identify any discrepancies and help ensure that funds are allocated appropriately to support both the staff and the students. In the coming weeks, the Department of Education is set to release a new, revised Education Code for the State of San Andreas, which will hold those in a position of trust accountable, provide students and parents guidance, and our hard working educators resources, that shall codify through State Law set regulations surrounding this very issue, and avoid future ones.

It is our collective responsibility - the San Andreas Department of Education, our State legislative partners, the Los Santos USD's Board of Education and myself as a State executive officer for public schools to ensure the well-being of EVERYONE in education, be it as the learner or the educator. I understand the impact that financial strain can have on the livelihoods of our dedicated educators, school staff and students, and I want to assure you that answers will be provided. We will keep you informed of our progress and findings throughout this process, as well as the progress of the new Education Code. To Davis High's faculty, I say this — your commitment to the students and the community is the backbone of our education system in the greater Los Santos area, and we are dedicated to working together to resolve these challenges.

MhJsoDd.png

Comments Are: Filtered

Name: 
Comment:

((A lot of common cuss words are censored, the site utilizes traditional GOVNET filtering.))

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

Name: BenzoBarbie
Comment: Certain funding disbursals need to have an automatic renewal with extra allocations processed by manual budgetary requests. The barebones operating cost for a given agency could and should be assessed and automatically disbursed unless the agency is flagged for an audit by major personnel increases/decreases or major service usage changes. Rossi had an acceptable idea also regarding reallocation of unused funds from other agencies which serves as an okay fund for band-aid requiring moments like this, but ultimately a systemic shift needs to occur to prevent shortages in the future. Namely I worry about other agencies that might experience this such as Health and Human Services, without a proper dragnet to catch them.

Edited by Al-Malikah
grammar; formatting
  • Upvote 1

Username: Best Taxi

Comment: Express Car Service ⏱ Tired of your old job?  Considering a career change? Los Santos' most popular private transportation agency is now HIRING operators  Competitive salary & benefits  Change your life around TODAY  CALL - 7835/112112