Amend the cop killing rule

This post is gonna turn into a legal vs illegal roleplayer war all over again because that's just how the community is unfortunately.

As someone who has been on both sides of the coin, I can see the frustrations from both sides but as many people before me said, there is really no need to amend the rules for a few bad apples, if you see it happening, document it, report it. Yeah, reports take forever but do keep in mind they take forever for everyone else as well, patience is key in something like that, shocking, I know. 

Matter fact, if you're a straight up guy and not the standard ACAB FUCK 12 and all that OOCly, you could go up to people in the faction that did this and have a talk to them, showing hey this guy did this, it's pretty shitty, I reported about it but could you try and maybe make sure he doesn't do this to other people as well since it's very shitty and ruined my game. Or something along those lines really, it's 2024, let's talk, we're all losers playing grand theft auto roleplay, at least lets try to bring some common sense and dialogue. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Did you report any of this on the forums?

No. I don’t think someone testing their luck and playing their cards wrong ICly should be taken OOC, otherwise we will start spending more time on the forums than in game. There’s always a counter argument they will have and I’m not trying to argue on the forums all day. Amending the rule would make it possible for us to punish IC dumb behavior through IC means and I feel that’s what this game is about.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Barbary said:

Before the rule it was a coinflip if you were going to get your brains splattered across the dashboard of your cruiser just for pulling someone over. It's been a while but I think people are forgetting how genuinely terrible it was, because people could easily kill someone to get out of the smallest things. I'd rather not go back to being a glorified NPC people can shoot so they can boost their wanted rating.

If people do as you say, which I can believe that they do, then they need to be reported on a case by case basis. People shouldn't be wandering around acting like they're bulletproof, but in my experience the vast majority don't. Every traffic stop I hear called over the radio in Davis is followed immediately by 'requesting backup', whether the car is 1 deep or 4 deep. Ironically when people do this, we're also accused of being powergaming fucktards. Because y'know, not wanting to be one of the hundreds of corpses scraped off of the pavement by DMEC daily is a play-to-win mentality.

I know I'm being a smug, bitter asshole here and I apologize but I really do not see a change to this rule actually improving anyone's day to day.

Did you read the suggestion at all? Or the title? Nobody is saying the rule should be removed but amended to allow for killing cops who test their luck. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Conwell said:

Did you read the suggestion at all? Or the title? Nobody is saying the rule should be removed but amended to allow for killing cops who test their luck. 

Look man in my time on this server, short as it's been compared to many people here, I've dealt with more rules lawyers and loophole abusers than you'd find in a competitive Dungeons and Dragons game. You open the door slightly and you'll have people who will abuse the letter of the law while taking the spirt out behind a barn and clubbing to death with a rusty baseball bat covered in broken dreams and meth needles.

Yes, I read what you said. My response remains the same, it's a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Quincy said:

All these "report when it happens" people are mad fucking funny.

Because you know nothing happens, it takes weeks upon weeks to get a response just for an admin to reply "it was the heat of the moment" and no CKs to be pushed for, and its almost a thing LEO rpers say to shut down other people knowing damn well nothing will happen.

Tell em! And in STILL shooting cops all 2024

• Upvote 1
Just now, Barbary said:

Look man in my time on this server, short as it's been compared to many people here, I've dealt with more rules lawyers and loophole abusers than you'd find in a competitive Dungeons and Dragons game. You open the door slightly and you'll have people who will abuse the letter of the law while taking the spirt out behind a barn and clubbing to death with a rusty baseball bat covered in broken dreams and meth needles.

Yes, I read what you said. My response remains the same, it's a bad idea.

Okay so I should not kill a cop when he calls me an informant in front of my fellow gang members or kill a cop that’s been harassing me due to an IC grudge because it’s against the rules. Got it. Re-read the suggestion if you’ve even read it in the first place. I don’t care to shoot cops who pull me over for a broken headlight. It literally says it in the suggestion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Conwell said:

Re-read the suggestion if you’ve even read it in the first place. I don’t care to shoot cops who pull me over for a broken headlight. It literally says it in the suggestion. 

This isn't about you. I'm not calling you out. Stop taking this shit personal, dude. It's not a you problem, it's a 'people treat this server like a C list action movie' problem.

• Applaud 1

I'm inclined to agree, a regular rule amendment should be in place. There should not be some sort of special steps in place which protect the LEO rpers who are entrusted with such authority and the ability to completely ruin somebodies roleplay experience on the server, and they should be subject to an even HIGHER standard of roleplay standards than your average player, especially given that all of their equipment is given to them for free, their vehicles are free and faster than most vehicles on the server, and they have the advantage of VOIP.

Let's be real frank and honest here, if you have been apart of the club and been in LEO roleplay. Many people under the guise of roleplay will go and stop any car that's 4 deep, or has masked people in it, that's obviously metagame and they don't care because there's no real server based accountability in the LEO community; besides their internal leadership which are also LEO roleplayers. A player should not have to go file a RPQM report (which takes years to get a reply on) on a cop who runs into the depths of a known gang area extremely outnumbered, or as previously stated, harassing a specific group or making comments which border on corruption or not valuing their character's life.

As conwell stated in the first page, this isn't to bring us back to the time of getting a skorpion burst to the face for running a red light, but simply to mitigate the edge of what is acceptable, and sometimes becomes edgy roleplay when it comes to acting like a "hardman" or "super cop". This means when you're surrounded by 20 gang members in a dark alleyway, and you choose not to call backup because you're being crooked by conducting illegal search and seizure, or geniuses kicking over gang member murals for fallen comrades. We're not talking about what is technically required of that character, like responding to a call for service, or doing what they're meant to do by responding to a shooting and trying to bring peace to it. We're talking about implementing a checks and balances system so that members of the LEO community may also be reported in game, and subject to character kill or other administrative punishment for extreme cases of lack of fear rp or a pattern of behaviors or harassment to a specific character or group which is obvious and one or more actions were conducted that would cause lethal conflict escalation if they were an illegal rper. These things can include making fun of deceased members, kicking murals over for deceased members, using extreme force with impact weapons without proper reason, robbery, or trying to take on a crowd of 20 by yourself, etc.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
  • Reece? locked this topic