Stealing Vehicles and /FixVeh

Message added by Vindicator,

Keep the suggestion on topic to the suggestion. Comments that derail the thread or violate the common courtesty rule from this point on will be met with warnings. 

On 2/15/2024 at 3:28 AM, Padex said:

What you call as abuse is really not that big of a deal. I Would rather use the command instead of wasting admins' time in a report just to get me or my car teleported when /fixveh already does it for me.

I mean, it might not be a big deal, but abuse is abuse regardless of how small it is. The point is that the command is being utilized for everything except for what it was designed for.

OT;

As I said in the previous page; make it so the script wont let you do /fixveh if your vehicle was stolen in the last 3-6 hours. Giving the everyone plenty of time to RP it out & forcing people to actually RP their property being stolen.

18 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

I mean, it might not be a big deal, but abuse is abuse regardless of how small it is. The point is that the command is being utilized for everything except for what it was designed for.

OT;

As I said in the previous page; make it so the script wont let you do /fixveh if your vehicle was stolen in the last 3-6 hours. Giving the everyone plenty of time to RP it out & forcing people to actually RP their property being stolen.

yeah like, I don't think the problem some people have is the abuse itself, but rather how important they think it is.

If you use it to retrieve stolen vehicles while they're still being utilized? Big nono

But if you use it just to teleport it to you because you may have logged off in a different location isn't a big problem. I know it's not the original intent of the command, but I don't think this is a valid reason to restrict its use to people. No one in their right mind would want to do nor find engaging having to walk across half the map or call a taxi just to reach a vehicle of yours.

I get the realism, but damn, that would be a bit too far imo. we're still playing a game afterall.

• Upvote 1
On 1/17/2024 at 4:43 AM, LoudWhisper said:

It would be really nice to leave a blip behind saying the car is missing. There are many times I think my car is stolen, because it desyncs after exiting an interior and spawning on a roof.

I have reported several times to check that my car is indeed stolen before I try to bring it back to the ground.

It wouldn't be a terrible script if a /cim is autocreated after a hotwired car has been driven away X meters

Well, while I completely agree with you regarding the significant misusage of /fixveh, sometimes your car is genuinely bugged, and you don't want to write a report and wait to have your car back.

To solve that problem, as many of you suggested, I would also suggest a command you can use when you steal a car. In addition to auto-creating a cim when using it, it would disable the vehicle from being teleported by /fixveh for around 24 hours or something—a command that would impact that specific vehicle and keep it in the last position for several hours to ensure roleplay quality.

With all of that being said, just enjoy the game and the roleplay, even if someone misused this feature. It shouldn't be a barrier to your experience. 😀

• Upvote 5
5 hours ago, NightT20 said:

To solve that problem, as many of you suggested, I would also suggest a command you can use when you steal a car. In addition to auto-creating a cim when using it, it would disable the vehicle from being teleported by /fixveh for around 24 hours or something—a command that would impact that specific vehicle and keep it in the last position for several hours to ensure roleplay quality.

This would fix the problem immediately. So upon a successful hotwire, /fixveh is disabled for a period of time like 18-24 hours. Sounds easy enough to script?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, primera dama said:

This would fix the problem immediately. So upon a successful hotwire, /fixveh is disabled for a period of time like 18-24 hours. Sounds easy enough to script?

18-24 hours is a little excessive considering 30 minutes after the thief logs off when the car is done with. I’d say a 6-8 hour period perhaps. 

• Upvote 1

lol is this really that big of a deal? how is your roleplay affected if i /fixveh the next time i log in because i was too tired to drive my car all the way back to Alta or whatever from Paleto?? or using /fixveh when you login because if you use /vp right where you left the car it'll spawn on top of someone else's car?? i kinda understand the whole stealing cars and having ur RP ruined because of it, but bro just find more consistent criminal RP to do lol. you can't /fixveh if your car has been spawned for a while anyway, so just keep stealing cars and eventually someone will have to rp your little scene out with you. 

respectfully, y'all gotta learn to mind your own business. it's a heavy rp server, everyone gets that, but when you start complaining about things that affect no one else's roleplay, you gotta relax. it is a video game. we play the game for fun, it is not real life. there's a difference between maintaining realism and just making the game a pain in the ass. 

locking /fixveh behind admins is also a crazy idea because, let's be honest, sometimes they take a while to respond to reports. which is understandable, server averages 500+ people a day. but not only would this be giving them more work to do, it also pushes back reports that are actually important and not trying to gatekeep someone from their car. 

taxis/cabs/ubers also can take some time to respond to your call depending on the day. imagine you log in and you call a taxi to drive back to your car (which makes no sense anyway, how tf did i get home in the first place) and they take 5-10 minutes to respond. brother im logging off for the day lol 

Edited by onlydemia
added a bit more stuff lol
  • Upvote 3