Facebrowser OOC name reveal

Requirement to OOC'ly set your character name on FB profile if any of the pictures show your characters face. With all the mods people are using and menyo pictures + the fact everybody kind of look the same anyways it would be good to have something to actually identify people you are interacting with.

It doesn't have to be as part of the main stats but as a semi-hidden features somewhere on the profile.

Edited by Waldur

i kinda dont understand. what would be the point of identifying people? would it be to identify these people in-game or just to know their name since you've seen their face? just to draw a parallel to a real social media app, there are plenty of people using Twitter that show their face but dont have their name anywhere on their profile or go under some alias. 

4 minutes ago, onlydemia said:

i kinda dont understand. what would be the point of identifying people? would it be to identify these people in-game or just to know their name since you've seen their face? just to draw a parallel to a real social media app, there are plenty of people using Twitter that show their face but dont have their name anywhere on their profile or go under some alias. 

Their name is how you really identify someone in-game. At least then you know its the same person. I can't really put any faces together with the in-game characters unless they take their pictures in-game. Imagine if there would't be any overhead names in-game either, you wouldn't even recognize your own friends without remembering every piece of clothing they wear. Some gangs would have especially hard time with everyone wearing black shorts, white T and white shoes.

No. If you can't recognize someone from FB IG call them out for being a catfish when you do meet them. This suggestion is straight metagame. What about pages that aren't for a character but maybe a gossip/news page? Should everyone know who is behind it? Just no.

4 minutes ago, Waldur said:

Their name is how you really identify someone in-game. At least then you know its the same person. I can't really put any faces together with the in-game characters unless they take their pictures in-game. Imagine if there would't be any overhead names in-game either, you wouldn't even recognize your own friends without remembering every piece of clothing they wear. Some gangs would have especially hard time with everyone wearing black shorts, white T and white shoes.

i meaaaan i dont necessarily think it's a horrible idea i just dont think it matters lmaooo it's like that on Twitter too tbh. people post their faces but you dont know their name unless they want you to and you really wouldnt recognize them/remember their face if you saw them irl unless you were stalking em or if they were a celebrity of some sort, and in the latter's case you'd already know their name. plus i dont really see a point in knowing their names in the first place. 

and i'd definitely recognize my IC friends if there were no names above their heads. irl there aren't any names above my friends' heads but i remember their names anyway because i know their face. it'd be the same in-game, just maybe a little difficult when it comes to characters who have similar faces. 

7 minutes ago, Pickle said:

No. If you can't recognize someone from FB IG call them out for being a catfish when you do meet them. This suggestion is straight metagame. What about pages that aren't for a character but maybe a gossip/news page? Should everyone know who is behind it? Just no.

OF course the pages don't need that - nor does profiles that don't reveal their faces too much. But if there is a perfectly open profile with tens of pictures of a person then I should be able to recognize them on the street as well.