Optimized Settings for GTAW

My game has been pretty smooth since I got a new PC a few months back, however there are some frame drops in areas with a lot of assets such as vehicles or furniture items inside interiors. Is there anyway to get rid of these frame drops? My FPS is locked at 60 with Vsync, but it drops to 45-50 in said areas and jumps back to 60 when I move or look away. I'm currently using GTA V Remake graphics from BadassBaboon's topic.

Settings:

Spoiler

pBMOkld.png

ZP23y3A.png

VSlTd0L.png

Specs:

Spoiler

qxQj9im.png

• Upvote 1

turning down grass quality will help a little, if ur on 1080p u can turn off msaa as well, its a huge FPS killer. no point on having vsync on imo. You can put your soft shadows to softest and shadow quality to high.

• 4 weeks later...

There are certains areas on the map in GTAW that are poorly optimized, no matter what your specs are, you'll get FPS drops. A few areas I can name off the top of my head are the following: (Legion Square, Davis LTD, Grove Street and the surrounding area, a few spots in Hawick) now there's not really much you can do in terms of "stopping the stuttering, or the low frame drops" 

I have an I9-13900kf + a 4090 and I still run into the issue of frame drops in these areas enough to drop me down to roughly 40-50 frames until I face a different way or completely leave the area. It happens with texture mods + ENB or just a straight vanilla game. 

I'd recommend playing at your native resolution and turning everything to normal except for "Textures" you can leave that at High and that should increase your performance and keep good quality and mitigate the frame drops in certain areas. Also leave V-Sync off.

IF you want to remain playing in max graphics like you are, I'd recommend turning V-Sync off and Reflections to normal. Using reflections will kill your FPS.

Edited by kimbo.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2