add backup command for the phone numbers

Warblack

It's frustrating that whenever you experience a robbery, you have to manually copy all the numbers to another phone. In real life, you would simply log in with the same Google or Apple email, and your contacts, pictures, and messages would be restored. It's just a convenient command to save time. 

(usually im the mugger)

Edited by Warblack
  • Upvote 1

As someone who is on their 5th phone in the past 2-3 weeks.... omg please.

Getting your phone stolen SUCKS, its tbh one of the harshest things you can do in this game short of a CK cuz of how badly it fucks up IC communication. If you were dumb enough to use pay2go on your first two phones, like me, you lose ALL of your old contacts. And even on contract phones, its difficult to let everyone know what your new phone number is, unless you metagame and post it in a large discord server with all your contacts (something I do not even have the privilege of having the opportunity to do).

IRL, phones have google or apple to store contacts, and they download when you log into a new phone. Additionally, when you get a new phone you can usually disable the old one, and transfer your number to the new one. We need these features, cuz I'm basically crippled in how I communicate with people with how often my phone gets stolen.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer
On 12/29/2023 at 12:05 PM, colorlessrainbow said:

You can just download the contacts from the UCP? You can also /copycontacts everything to a burner you keep at home or in your car or whatever, in case of a robbery/mugging?

This.

• Upvote 1