Where did all the Surenos go?

FOOBACCA

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

IFM didn't do this randomly or because of an isolated incident. eMe's history is completely full of terrible IC decisions that wouldn't allow them to stay active and the regurgitated roster allowed them to circumvent the consequences of their own actions which lead to eMe's restructure.

Some factions do anything to stay alive and relevant and it goes to show the loyalty lays with the users and maybe not the characters or the gang.

We can also talk about the CK's that were NPC'd by eMe as well instead of performed icly, making the double standard very painful.

When it comes to factions, there is a lot of nepotism and ooc quid pro quo that is ultimately harmful for the health of the faction and the illegal roleplay community.

Terrible IC decisions? Lmao. Like what? Winning every IC conflict inside and outside of the jail we were ever involved in. Blackballing 2 gangs that killed our primary source of drugs and indispensable crew members? Beefing other STGs that were ICly subverting our influence with our own subordinates? We were very active inside and outside of jail. There are periods of inactivity like now. Not fair to my gen or the new gen to not understand that.

You guys keep trying to spin this bullshit narrative that we OOCly favored players/characters over others. That wasn’t the case. Due to past offenses by members basically the entire last year I was leading the fac we were on very thin ice. Every time I took a chance on new players handling delicate IC tasks or conflicts it came back to bite us in the ass. IFM gave us multiple chances, so it was past the point that I could say look these people were handling Eme business but they’re not Eme faction members. They weren’t trying to hear any excuses at this point.

So I’m just supposed to keep taking chances on involving new facs in Eme business, when they break rules and do shit wrong (which I told them NOT to do) and my faction gets blamed for it anyway? The reason some people weren’t allowed to be involved in certain shit is because they always fucked it up and broke rules/ROE which would get the entire faction fucked over. So I’m supposed to manage whatever people say in a fucking discord while I’m working a full time job and take a chance on them breaking rules and risking the faction?

players weren’t favored over others it was just a matter of making sure that rules were followed and not risking the facs longevity. How the fuck am I wrong for that? That’s what any fac leader would do.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
Just now, FOOBACCA said:

Boop

The decisions that would not allow them to continue is how they operate among themselves, not their portrayal of eMe.

As said, infighting and nepotism had created a roundtable of "regulars" that constantly received power regardless of character. 

I agree, people should be loyal to a faction and not its users. When people are loyal to users, they stay in power and prevent realistic and natural development of factions and stories.

When it comes to murdering your way up, youre right - it does not really work that way. However, that has not stopped eMe's internal fighting and power struggles that ultimately exist to maintain control of the faction. This is why a council was created instead, I would think.

I'm hoping this change shuffles around the deck of surenos and we get some new faces in power.

As for the emero thing, I'll have to look for the archived report as it happened like a year ago and might have even happened when the last generation of eMe took over initially.

But yeah, eme's change was so dramatic that people forget this wasn't just a random thing, there's history, evidence, trails etc.

I also dunno where this notion came from that people weren’t allowed to progress or were withheld if they weren’t part of an OOC circle. I made my way from outsider in a Sureno faction to Camarada without really knowing anyone within la eMe, nor did I ever really have any dramas getting our faction supplied. The only times I couldn’t be sorted out was because there wasn’t anything to supply us with, and in these times most of the Camaradas were trying their best to source drugs and shit from other sources to keep the factions underneath them fed. I can’t speak for the other street crews, but I know in East LS we were often buying shit from wherever we could get it at whatever price, often taking losses, just to be able to facilitate roleplay for the factions we were taxing.

Once I did somewhat become part of the fold at an OOC level, there still wasn’t any type of favouritism. I was told quite plainly when I fucked up and that some of my actions were detrimental to the faction as a whole in the eyes of IFM. The leadership definitely wasn’t trying to skirt any corners and were very strict with what they expected or members due to the thin ice they were skating with IFM. 

• Applaud 2

Oh here we go with a thread where all the old Mexican Mafia come together to say @Shanks and IFM made a bad decision. But let's be honest here, we know why the previous leadership was removed and I would argue that management made it painfully obvious. The Mexican Mafia's history is one of OOC racism in public discords, green-lighting black & Mexican factions over mishaps, mistakes, or small things that happened etcetera. A misuse of their sixty plus gun supplier, putting their OOC friends in spawned-in positions of power. There was a stretched out bias for the entire time they were on the server and quite frankly? Too many chances were given. Didn't Deeclassify change his profile picture to Hitler & a Nazi flag because of a dispute? Did Plug not commit an asset transfer whilst already most likely being one of the wealthiest & powerful characters for the time? 

30 minutes ago, The Plug said:

You guys keep trying to spin this bullshit narrative

I think we can argue that this is exactly what you & your friend's commenting on this thread are doing. You're trying to spin a narrative that you were the good guys doing nothing wrong and big bad IFM came in and swooped you out because you were too cool for school but quite honestly? We know that's not the truth man. If you came here and admitted some wrongs and then stated your rights? Maybe I'd be more inclined to believe you for your word and say it doesn't seem like that but you're acting like you're a saint and nobody on this game is. What illegal faction management did is good. They stripped a group of people that clearly let the power of the faction getting to their head and instead gave it to people that care about quality roleplay over OOC friendships, connections, bias, or toxicity and drama. It's notoriously known across the board that The Mexican Mafia discord was one of the worse places to be as a community member and I'd be shocked if you weren't called a slur within fifteen seconds of being there. You could argue and say that the old Black Car discord was like that too. To that I say? It was. And it's funny that the Black Car was in it's most toxic state when a now banned ex-La EME Member owned it. There's a thousand things that can be listed and if you have ears in high places it won't be hard to see the miles long road of drama, negativity and OOC problems that ended with it's closure.

30 minutes ago, The Plug said:

So I’m just supposed to keep taking chances on involving new facs in Eme business, when they break rules and do shit wrong

Yeah, you should. You should give these people chances and if they break rules you as the La EmE leader could go to IFM, and if they don't do anything about it? That's a long and dirty rabbit hole that you would've had to go down. Quite honestly? White Car, Black Car, La EmE, etc. should all have a say in how they feel the quality of the faction's under their umbrella are. But I can see why they wouldn't have wanted to do that with you. You we're breaking rules too, what's the difference between you and them? It's just about to hit two months of the new Mexican Mafia opening and I think they are doing great. I can make a thousand theories on why no sureno factions are opening but I think one of the reasons is because people are salty $CAR, Brink, XIK and co. finally got what they deserved. If there was more sureno factions open? They would have more to work with and help. But instead? Everyone wants to run away if their OOC friend isn't in charge. How about we give this new generation more then two holiday-heavy months to grow before complaining that the scene is dead? I don't think you are solely to blame at all but you played a part in it's downfall.

Edited by burnerfr
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, The Plug said:

Terrible IC decisions? Lmao. Like what? Winning every IC conflict inside and outside of the jail we were ever involved in. Blackballing 2 gangs that killed our primary source of drugs and indispensable crew members? Beefing other STGs that were ICly subverting our influence with our own subordinates? We were very active inside and outside of jail. There are periods of inactivity like now. Not fair to my gen or the new gen to not understand that.

You guys keep trying to spin this bullshit narrative that we OOCly favored players/characters over others. That wasn’t the case. Due to past offenses by members basically the entire last year I was leading the fac we were on very thin ice. Every time I took a chance on new players handling delicate IC tasks or conflicts it came back to bite us in the ass. IFM gave us multiple chances, so it was past the point that I could say look these people were handling Eme business but they’re not Eme faction members. They weren’t trying to hear any excuses at this point.

So I’m just supposed to keep taking chances on involving new facs in Eme business, when they break rules and do shit wrong (which I told them NOT to do) and my faction gets blamed for it anyway? The reason some people weren’t allowed to be involved in certain shit is because they always fucked it up and broke rules/ROE which would get the entire faction fucked over. So I’m supposed to manage whatever people say in a fucking discord while I’m working a full time job and take a chance on them breaking rules and risking the faction?

players weren’t favored over others it was just a matter of making sure that rules were followed and not risking the facs longevity. How the fuck am I wrong for that? That’s what any fac leader would do.

Hey, you seem like you're projecting - I never said any names specifically or pointed fingers. We actually roleplayed in Rancho. You made your decisions the best you could and ultimately it probably wasn't enough because you are not the faction. There are things beyond your control that lead to this also.

Nobody said you were wrong. Sorry if you feel to blame. I don't blame you for anything and I would say it's unfair for anybody to blame anybody here.

But to say that eMe did everything correct and by the book is inaccurate, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, burnerfr said:

Oh here we go with a thread where all the old Mexican Mafia come together to say @Shanks and IFM made a bad decision. But let's be honest here, we know why the previous leadership was removed and I would argue that management made it painfully obvious. The Mexican Mafia's history is one of OOC racism in public discords, green-lighting black & Mexican factions over mishaps, mistakes, or small things that happened etcetera. A misuse of their sixty plus gun supplier, putting their OOC friends in spawned-in positions of power. There was a stretched out bias for the entire time they were on the server and quite frankly? Too many chances were given. Didn't Deeclassify change his profile picture to Hitler & a Nazi flag because of a dispute? Did Plug not commit an asset transfer whilst already most likely being one of the wealthiest & powerful characters for the time? 

I think we, the community, can argue that this is exactly what you & your friend's commenting on this thread are doing. You're trying to spin a narrative that you were the good guys doing nothing wrong and big bad IFM came in and swooped you out because you were too cool for school but quite honestly? We know that's not the truth man. If you came here and admitted some wrongs and then stated your rights? Maybe I'd be more inclined to believe you for your word and say it doesn't seem like that but you're acting like you're a saint and nobody on this game is. What illegal faction management did is good. They stripped a group of people that clearly let the power of the faction getting to their head and instead gave it to people that care about quality roleplay over OOC friendships, connections, bias, or toxicity and drama. It's notoriously known across the board that The Mexican Mafia discord was one of the worse places to be as a community member and I'd be shocked if you weren't called a slur within fifteen seconds of being there. You could argue and say that the old Black Car discord was like that too. To that I say? It was. And it's funny that the Black Car was in it's most toxic state when a now banned ex-La EME Member owned it.

There's a thousand things that can be listed and if you have ears in high places it won't be hard to see the miles long road of drama, negativity and OOC problems that ended with it's closure.

Yeah, you should. You should give these people chances and if they break rules you as the La EmE leader could go to IFM, and if they don't do anything about it? That's a long and dirty rabbit hole that you would've had to go down. Quite honestly? White Car, Black Car, La EmE, etc. should all have a say in how they feel the quality of the faction's under their umbrella are. But I can see why they wouldn't have wanted to do that with you. You we're breaking rules too, what's the difference between you and them? It's just about to hit two months of the new Mexican Mafia opening and I think they are doing great. I can make a thousand theories on why no sureno factions are opening but I think one of the reasons is because people are salty $CAR, Brink, XIK and co. finally got what they deserved. If there was more sureno factions open? They would have more to work with and help. But instead? Everyone wants to run away if their OOC friend isn't in charge. How about we give this new generation more then two holiday-heavy months to grow before complaining that the scene is dead? 

write on main account chavala 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The decisions that would not allow them to continue is how they operate among themselves, not their portrayal of eMe.

As said, infighting and nepotism had created a roundtable of "regulars" that constantly received power regardless of character. 

I agree, people should be loyal to a faction and not its users. When people are loyal to users, they stay in power and prevent realistic and natural development of factions and stories.

When it comes to murdering your way up, youre right - it does not really work that way. However, that has not stopped eMe's internal fighting and power struggles that ultimately exist to maintain control of the faction. This is why a council was created instead, I would think.

I'm hoping this change shuffles around the deck of surenos and we get some new faces in power.

As for the emero thing, I'll have to look for the archived report as it happened like a year ago and might have even happened when the last generation of eMe took over initially.

But yeah, eme's change was so dramatic that people forget this wasn't just a random thing, there's history, evidence, trails etc.

Internal fighting and power struggles is how the Mexican Mafia operates. There is constant politicking, plotting, division and sub-factions created between emeros vying to hold more power and lies and murder are spread because of this. Using this to maintain power is exactly what an emero should be doing. The issue is that people on the street would make an issue, it would be handled IC, and then someone would decide that it stemmed from some sort of OOC bias, storylines would get twisted, teenagers (and immature adults like me) in discords argue and send out of context screenshots around and IFM gets involved.

A lot of the actions that some members of sureno factions had made against the program would’ve seen them and their varrios greenlit, but the leadership of la eMe often exercised caution in doing this because of all the OOC drama it created and the dramas they were already facing by IFM. They were stopped from exerting IC power that they held OOC for fear of getting another strike and having the faction closed, made even harder by CK permissions getting removed. 

get a job fools yall obviously got a lot of free time. it was crazy to watch how certain people (most of which are 20+ years old) spending 8-9 hours a day in-game trying to take over eMe in order to boost their ego. too bad it led to such circumstances lmfao. pce

Edited by speizkiller
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1
  • Naeno locked this topic