Struggling as a Black American role player in GTAW

Since I’ve joined the community I’ve noticed an inherent bias and struggle for Black RPers to preserve the same way as our Mexican, White or whatever else fellow RPers. Any fellow brothas that wanna share their viewpoint on it feel free to talk about why that is.

• Upvote 46
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1
19 minutes ago, stain said:

Since I’ve joined the community I’ve noticed an inherent bias and struggle for Black RPers to preserve the same way as our Mexican, White or whatever else fellow RPers. Any fellow brothas that wanna share their viewpoint on it feel free to talk about why that is.

Agreed one hundred percent, on most Roleplay servers faction roleplay is dominated by black gangs or rpers. Whilst the GTAW community almost forces you away from black roleplay. This is clear when you open the official tab and you notice there are ZERO black official factions, the last one being MPF nearly a year ago. While the factions that are official have earned it there must be a reason why black groups don’t last as long in the gtaw community, either due to the lack of weaponry supplied to said factions or just being treated poorly by ifm. It’s clear this needs to change in one way or another.

• Upvote 18
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Macho said:

Agreed one hundred percent, on most Roleplay servers faction roleplay is dominated by black gangs or rpers. Whilst the GTAW community almost forces you away from black roleplay. This is clear when you open the official tab and you notice there are ZERO black official factions, the last one being MPF nearly a year ago. While the factions that are official have earned it there must be a reason why black groups don’t last as long in the gtaw community, either due to the lack of weaponry supplied to said factions or just being treated poorly by ifm. It’s clear this needs to change in one way or another.

42 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

Get more Americans in IFM and I’m sure you’ll see it change. Can’t expect people who don’t have the real life experience to know what they’re doing when it comes to all gang life. Best of luck and hope it changes for y’all!

literally.

Edited by Jumhp
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Macho said:

They're usually DM factions or die off due to a new faction with a better known lead popping up that every flocks to. This isn't the case with all of them of course, but it's a minor reason why the don't last long imo. 

I've noticed that black factions pay a fuck ton more to get their guns in comparison to others, which is obviously an OOC thing if you're making them pay 100k for a single rifle. IFM has always been mix response on every level though, so good luck seeing a change for the better.

• Upvote 15