Remove screwdrivers as melee weapons or reduce their damage

HappyGecko

Detailed Description

Remove the ability to equip screwdrivers as melee weapons, or reduce their damage significantly.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

Ever since the screwdriver has become a melee weapon, there has been a trend of it replacing the hammer/bat item. People mass buy them and start to stab each other, or commit mass stabbings with said item. The screwdriver turns the knife items completely useless, as they can cost up to 20k in a pawn-shop, compared to the mere 400 bucks you gotta spend to retrieve a screwdriver. Just yesterday alone, I was met with a mass grave of 3 people being stabbed to death by a screwdriver, not once but twice. The item encourages trolls or people who lack the sense of proper escalation to cause havoc on the streets for basically no money. Not only is the damage way too high, the bleeding is the real issue, as you will simply die if you do not carry a bandage item on your person after some radnom guy poked you with a screwdriver. I also find the argument of ''self defense'' not important here. Nobody would carry a screwdriver around with the goal in mind to defend themselves when need be. Removing it as a melee weapon, or reducing the damage of it will cancel out the random acts of DM caused by some people. It should remain to be used as a tool to remove plates and whatnot. 

I don't really know what the damage is like, though I think it's realistic to have it as a weapon as criminals would likely use it if they were desperate. I think the point about knives being obsolete is a good one, so I'd +1 to reducing the damage. After all, it is a really tiny blunt weapon not exactly meant for harming people.. so, yeah, reducing the damage sounds like a good idea to me.

• slothy locked this topic