[LSI NEWS] Rerun: Senator Jones and Senator Brandenburg Discuss Former Chairman's Homophobic Facebrowser Post and Debate Death Penalty's Return 

Degu

50 minutes ago, The American Dream said:

Username: David Buckley

Comment: With all due respect, ousting a guy who calls for the religious killing of homosexuals from your own party is the bare minimum and doesn’t make you a “supporter” of the LGBTQ+ community.

On the contrary, the Republican leaders like Adrian Rossi blocked even a vote on legislation that would support the LGBTQ+ community without even stating a reason. Hold a vote, and at least show your true colors. San Andreas deserves honesty.

Username: Adrian Rossi

Comment: You can continue to spread false information like you always have. If Diana Jones wanted to support the LGBT community, she would have reached out like I did to her. See what I mean? Plus, I already gave a statement on this, but you wouldn’t ever do your proper research, would you. Just like you never did when you worked for LSI. And let’s talk about that.

All of your releases were either promoting figures like Avery Lafayette—who has been accused of money laundering and has made CLEAR RACIST REMARKS—or the democrats, the latter usually being a form of damage control. Everyone saw how biased and politically leaning your releases were. So why don’t you answer how you used your position within LS Insider to promote a party agenda? And don’t try and deny it, because you’re a democratic caucus staffer now. 

Edited by Zani
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Kraethas said:

Username: NikTheGreek

Comment:

His reason was the "Glorious Month of June". June has been globally - I repeat - globally as the month that we show solidarity, support and acceptance to the LGBTQ+ community. A group of people that have suffered, and still suffer in many nations, from many governments, on many occasions supported by law and religion. In a time that we have put behind us the inhuman laws of putting people to death just because of the color of their skin, we still have whole nations out there punishing same sex couples with death and you deemed showing support to this group of people as a "political move", rather than a move towards inclusion and improvement of our society. The GOP, out of all months in the Calendar, out even of July that is the de facto Patriotic Month of the United States, chose THIS month to push for the "Glorious Month of-"?

You're saying that the Democrats were trying to politicize the LGBT community for Party's Benefits. Really? When we openly support what has been bread and butter of our ideals FROM THE START, it's politicizing? And what is it for the GOP then? The "traditionally" conservative Party of the United States? The party whose core values are all about Family and Religion? The Party who brought back the death sentence, riding on fear mongering abour our number of homicides per year, when the only murders that would have been linked to a death sentence out of these 4,200 would be those of the Morse Code Killer. The Party that wishes to make it illegal for young women in this state to have a choice on what happens to their body. This is the party you're trying to convince that is not using other people to Politicize for the Party's benefit...

Don't get me wrong, appointing O'Shea as your vice Chairman was a smart move, and a just move, but it was also a political move to do exactly that when you're facing backlash about your Chairman coming out as a bigot and a hate monger. So I stand to wonder, who is politicizing the LGBT community now? Also, why a VICE Chairman? Isn't the man good enough to be appointed Chairman directly? 

Name: Frederick Coleman

Comment: I’m glad you repeated that June is globally recognized as Pride Month, because something that is globally recognized is not going to be detrimented by a declaration at the State level which holds no relevance to the LGBTQ+ community, as you know – some of our Law Enforcement are part of that community themselves. One doesn’t cancel out the other, much like how Asian Heritage month is shared with Mental Health Awareness month.

It is plain and clear that the Democratic party tries to use the LGBTQ+ community to politically capitalise, the point I just raised being an example of it. I’ll gladly refute the notion that Frank O’Shea was appointed as Vice Chairman because he is gay, he was our Chief of Staff for a very long time prior (an appointment that was not publicized) and has been nothing but admirable. Claiming he was only appointed because he is homosexual and not because he earned his place through merit is frankly disgusting; but we’re used to your wise crack comments Nikos.

The chairman will be voted on in due course, Frank’s appointment was made to give the party a leader while we do our due diligence in allowing candidates to express their interest and for that vote to happen, Frank was the natural fit as he was the most senior non-executive member after Spencer’s resignation.

If you show me some actual evidence of homophobia I’ll happily disavow; but right now, you and your party are pulling at straws, as you saw from the mayoral election – populism doesn’t secure votes.

Edited by eden ღ

Comment: 

2 minutes ago, eden ღ said:

I’m glad you repeated that the June is globally recognized as Pride Month, because something that is globally recognized is not going to be detrimented by a declaration at the State level which holds no relevance to the LGBTQ+ community, as you know – some of our Law Enforcement are part of that community themselves. One doesn’t cancel out the other, much like how Asian Heritage month is shared with Mental Health Awareness month.

You should ask how your constituents that belong in that group felt that month then. If they felt the State was innocently trying to recognize the Law Enforcement members, or if they felt they were personally pushed to the sidelines. You know the ones that do not belong in the groups you chose to recognize and honor, but just in the simple citizens of our State.

We have.

3 minutes ago, Kraethas said:

Comment: 

You should ask how your constituents that belong in that group felt that month then. If they felt the State was innocently trying to recognize the Law Enforcement members, or if they felt they were personally pushed to the sidelines. You know the ones that do not belong in the groups you chose to recognize and honor, but just in the simple citizens of our State.

We have.

Comment: I happily will, I’ll additionally ask Frank how he felt about your comment.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, eden ღ said:

Comment: I happily will, I’ll additionally ask Frank how he felt about your comment.

Comment: As long as you don't "selective" quote me on it Fred. Let him read it on its entirety instead. And if he has questions, we're just across the street anyway.

Edited by Kraethas

Name:  J.Spencer
Comment: The notion of "modern Christianity" is misleading because Christianity, at its core, is timeless and transcends temporal categorizations. The teachings of Jesus and the foundational beliefs of Christianity are not subject to trends or popular ideologies. The idea of a "modern" interpretation of Christianity suggests a departure from the true teachings, which is not accurate.

This can be seen in Frederick Coleman's comment. The individual advocates for love but attempts to use "modern Christianity" to justify homosexuality, which does not align with the traditional teachings of the faith.

image.png

Read your bible, Christians. 

Leviticus 18:22: "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Romans 1:26-27: "For this reason, God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error."

Corinthians 6:9-10: "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Timothy 1:9-10: "Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine."

Jude 1:7: "Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire."

• Upvote 3
55 minutes ago, Zani said:

Comment: You can continue to spread false information like you always have. If Diana Jones wanted to support the LGBT community, she would have reached out like I did to her. See what I mean? Plus, I already gave a statement on this, but you wouldn’t ever do your proper research, would you. Just like you never did when you worked for LSI. And let’s talk about that.

All of your releases were either promoting figures like Avery Lafayette—who has been accused of money laundering and has made CLEAR RACIST REMARKS—or the democrats, the latter usually being a form of damage control. Everyone saw how biased and politically leaning your releases were. So why don’t you answer how you used your position within LS Insider to promote a party agenda? And don’t try and deny it, because you’re a democratic caucus staffer now. 

Comment:
When facing tough questions, you go silent or defensively deflect. When I asked for comments on your decision to block the LGBTQ+ resolution vote, you declined to explain your decision. Your non-response was included in my reporting. So spare me your misleading pearl clutching on good journalism. The only disseminator of disinformation here is you. Don’t shoot the messenger.

15 minutes ago, The American Dream said:

Comment:
When facing tough questions, you go silent or defensively deflect. When I asked for comments on your decision to block the LGBTQ+ resolution vote, you declined to explain your decision. Your non-response was included in my reporting. So spare me your misleading pearl clutching on good journalism. The only disseminator of disinformation here is you. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Comment: I had plans to speak with other reporters about it. I don’t entertain biased journalists like yourself. If you cared to read through the comments on this article, you would know of my statement. But it doesn’t matter with you, because even if you did read it, it goes against the misleading narrative of yours to paint the GOP in a particular light. You’re not a messenger, you’re a fearmonger, and you’ve been fearmongering along with your party and caucus members in a desperate attempt to gain some sort of popularity. While I’ve already explained and justified my actions, YOU are the one that just failed to respond, but that’s because you can’t, because you and I both know that you’ve been using your position in the media to aid one political party over the other. You have 0 credibility to your name, because the only time you ever did write was when you felt you needed to spin a narrative, and that’s quite frankly disgusting. 

I wish you all the best in your new career.

8 minutes ago, Zani said:

Comment: I had plans to speak with other reporters about it. I don’t entertain biased journalists like yourself. If you cared to read through the comments on this article, you would know of my statement. But it doesn’t matter with you, because even if you did read it, it goes against the misleading narrative of yours to paint the GOP in a particular light. You’re not a messenger, you’re a fearmonger, and you’ve been fearmongering along with your party and caucus members in a desperate attempt to gain some sort of popularity. While I’ve already explained and justified my actions, YOU are the one that just failed to respond, but that’s because you can’t, because you and I both know that you’ve been using your position in the media to aid one political party over the other. You have 0 credibility to your name, because the only time you ever did write was when you felt you needed to spin a narrative, and that’s quite frankly disgusting. 

I wish you all the best in your new career.

Comment: 

again-there-you-go-again.gif

7 hours ago, eden ღ said:

Comment: Senator Rossi has shared his reasons, I quote:

“I did not /block/ any resolution. I blocked a motion for the resolution to bypass committee. Now, the reason I voted against the motion to bypass committee is because the resolution itself firstly lacked inclusivity, and secondly, it was an obvious weapon to politicize the LGBT community for the Democratic Party's benefit. It quoted Joe Biden who is known to have spewed anti-LGBT rhetoric up until recent years. Do you really think President Joe Biden suddenly switched opinions on the LGBT community? No. He flipped because he's politicizing the LGBT community as well, and what I will not do is allow the opposition to do such a thing. — I tried meeting with Senator Jones several times about the resolution to discuss it, but each time was unsuccessful. ”

Blocking a motion to bypass isn’t inherently discriminatory, he had his reasons which seem valid; I don’t see anywhere he has ever spoken in opposition of the LGBTQ+ community. You want honesty? The fact of the matter is, people blow things out of proportion to paint others as evil, when in reality that isn’t always the case. I think Democrats need to quit this populist nonsense and get serious.

Name: Ezra Ferreira

Comment: I would much rather be "politicized" than be denied such a motion that supports my community and that makes me feel included and celebrated in a city that is infested with homophobia and radical extremism. I'd love to see evidence on those claims against the Democratic senators that are supposedly politicizing the community to gain votes. If there's no real evidence and we're only theorizing, I'd like to make my own theory: maybe the demographic of Rossi's voters is mostly made out of those homophobes and radical extremists that I was just talking about and voting for such a motion would make him lose the majority of his voters, so he naturally has to vote against it and then figure out ways to clean the mess it creates.

As for "modern Christianity", it does follow the old testament. It's insulting to say the old testament is completely outdated, and it's especially insulting to the Hebrew Bible for Jewish people. I'm atheist myself and I still find what Mr. Coleman had to say wrong. The church doesn't say that it doesn't rely on the old testament; it still very much teaches it but it pushes towards a more symbolic reading of the scriptures. Why so? Because what we must not forget is that those scriptures are written by human-beings and were not God-sent like the Quran is believed to be by Muslim people for example and thus, there is always room for human error. Inferiority complexes, power struggles, self-hate and homophobia, among other mental issues that Mr. Spencer seems to suffer from, have always existed and the likes of this man must have written and kept horrible texts that incite hate such as the ones he has quoted even though they go against all Christian and Jewish values.

No all-knowing god could incite hate. An all-knowing god knows that love is the best way for all of us to lead happy lives in the short time we have on Earth. An all-knowing god knows that I cannot decide who I feel emotions towards, who I get butterflies in my stomach for or who I'm attracted to sexually. An all-knowing god would definitely be against the ideas of the likes of Johnathan Spencer or anyone who voted against the motion of pride month. An all-knowing god would promote love and love only. At least, that's the "God" the believers in my entourage believe in and it's also the God Pope Francis has been preaching, if Spencer pretends to be following the church and "Christianity".

Edited by babygoat
  • Upvote 5