Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

For the people that (rightfully so) cannot be bothered to read through 30 pages. 

-People don’t have an issue with being robbed in general, just that the sheer number is unrealistic/most of it is poorly written out and roleplayed (hence restricting it and not banishing it completely) 

-Due to player limitations (sure there could be 900 people on but they aint all officers or security- not an ic issue that is very much a ooc player count issue. 

-As above, possibly forcing people to roleplay ON THEIR OWN is not a valid option either just to guard houses. That’s not what roleplay is about and we are not here to torture people and leave them without roleplay completely, again an OOC issue.

-And again, trying to suggest other means as well as not just restricting the area we suggested scripts being put in place to better security (because lots of you assume we havent paid for all the best security scriptly available) again ooc issue. 

You can claim IC issue when it is conveniant for you but at the end of the day these are OOC issues because irl these wouldn’t really be an issue for people who had the means to afford such. 

I am all for letting us shoot or run over people in the driveways though in self defence on our private properties! I assume that’s very realistic 😎

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Mythology said:

There was nothing to reply to save your sarcastic comment which provided no value nor insight into convincing it isn't an IC issue. 

Toss quality bait and people might bite, this is just pathetic.

How is that a sarcastic comment? Are you just not wanting to admit that my comment made you think twice?
My comment gave a lot of value and insight. You're just not listening to anyone in this debate but yourself. 😉
But sure! When someone brings up logic that isn't teaming up with YOUR opinion it must be baiwwwtt!!!!! Tsk haha

Edited by LeNova
  • Upvote 1

We sit and argue the “realism “ of a game that has so many unrealistic factors. This thread preaches realism but thinks cops shouldnt patrol boring areas… and we need to add restrictions to an already highly restricted map. 

can someone define what realism we are taking about in make believe world were you are “forced” very basic rules and the rest of your actions are up to you?

Edited by cryybabyycryy
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

We sit and argue the “realism “ of a game that has so many unrealistic factors. This thread preaches realism but thinks cops shouldnt patrol boring areas… and we need to add restrictions to an already highly restricted map. 

can someone define what realism we are taking about in make believe world were you are “forced” very basic rules and the rest of your actions are up to you?

It’s not that cops shouldn’t be patrolling it’s the ooc limitation of numbers to then stretch them out and end up giving them nothing to roleplay with (unless they actually bump into someone) which if they did patrol probably wouldn’t be a thing as much I would hope due to fear of being caught into play)

Defeats the point of being on a roleplay server if they end up just being with their self. Nobody wants to force someone to roleplay on their todd. 

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, CupcakeCow said:

It’s not that cops shouldn’t be patrolling it’s the ooc limitation of numbers to then stretch them out and end up giving them nothing to roleplay with (unless they actually bump into someone) which if they did patrol probably wouldn’t be a thing as much I would hope due to fear of being caught into play)

Defeats the point of being on a roleplay server if they end up just being with their self. Nobody wants to force someone to roleplay on their todd. 

I am just saying, we got 22 year old models owning million dollar night clubs, sixteen year olds driving half a mil cars.. 

We can't keep screaming realism each time something doesn't go someone's way.

The server always has been and will be problematic, forcing ooc regulations on one thing and not another makes little sense.

Edited by cryybabyycryy
17 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

I am just saying, we got 22 year old models owning million dollar night clubs, sixteen year olds driving half a mil cars.. 

We can't keep screaming realism each time something doesn't go someone's way.

The server always has been and will be problematic, forcing ooc regulations on one thing and not another makes little sense.

Yea, those are also problematic. But honestly? In my own opinion and nobody elses:

Unless those are equally providing one liners and poorly rushed roleplay in mass I see less of a problem, than some, not all, certain individuals that truly rush things and the likes like some pubg. 

Now I never own guns on here because I cba so thats also never an issue for me, I have stated here and elsewhere I actually enjoy being robbed if it’s rped out right (Ive had some good development from such!) but the terribly executed ones that I have experienced are a real issue and just leave nothing to roleplay off. I just, like many others, want some decent story to bounce off and not have my own time taken to rush a scene through poor /me’s and be done with it- which restricting the crimes would bring out because they know they are being watched. Again this is my own opinion.

Again roleplay is about making stories, not really much for the script things. But since we apparently must rely on such things we need something else in place clearly. Be it restrictions or more scriptly things to aid us and combat, cause I guarantee people will report players from the hills if they opened fire and started defending their properties very aggressively as they should. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, gunman said:

Pop Smoke's murder. Read all about it.

Hint: It was done in Hollywood Hills in the former home of stars from The Real Housewives!

Just because an area has multi-billion dollar homes does not make it any more safe from crime or crime-less. You think the police want to patrol around the homes of the rich? They have their hands full in the ghettos where more crime is happening. Why does that matter? Because this is why areas like "The Hills" are such a prime target for gangs and professional criminals, exactly for the reason that the police don't want to spend their resources on places that they believe would be safe due to private security systems, bodyguards, etc., what people living in these homes would have.

There are rules in place surrounding chain robberies, break-ins and petty theft. If you think that a person robbing you or breaking into your house is not roleplaying correctly or is breaking rules, make a report on them for RPQM or rule-breaking. This is an IC issue.

It's not even your fault if you're being robbed or broken into. It's the police who aren't doing their job. This makes it even more of an IC issue.

This ^ 

As an illegal roleplayer who has lived in many different areas. I would say I got the most help in my ghetto houses than I did living at Eclipse Tower a year ago. That's solely because high crime areas are more sheer than large houses and gated communities. They are also frequently targeted as opposed to mansions that require more thought and exit routes just in case something doesn't go according to plan. 

Which is exactly why this should remain an IC issue, let the administration deal with people who are breaking rules when trying to obtain another player's assets. 

Edited by perico princess
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

There's arguments to be made on both sides of this debate but I think the core of it is that yeah....It's an IC issue. You're statesmen, upper management and multimillionaires, lobby for a stronger police presence, pay for and create roleplay, get involved on a government level to get better protections for yourselves. Shit, hire a mapper and build a security building somewhere, hire a bunch of different companies so you've always got guys in the newly created security hub for your extremely high end community. You people are the elite, use your skills and connections to excercise that power and create your own safe environment.

Bad RP is still going to happen, whether it's a low crime enforced area or not, for that all you can do is /report. Put down CIMs about your CCTV and such, /report the admin to give you details when your home is broken into due to the CIM, provide details and footage to cops when they ask if you get robbed. Keep it IC and people will stop robbing you guys when they spend more time in TTCF than they do in the hood.

As someone who mostly did criminal RP up till now, you go where the easy money is. You guys are easy targets, you don't hit gang hoods cause they've all got guns and are all too happy to use them. Change that, use your advantages to make your places harder to hit and people WILL stop hitting them.

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic