Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

44 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

Exactly this. 5 times a week is insane and unrealistic. Robberies take place but this is on an unrealistic level. At this point even Afghanistan would be a safer place to live. 

"Ignoring 10 CCTV cameras, hopping in people's backyards in extremely high-security areas (which almost NEVER happens irl, might I add) should be a CK'able offense if you're willing to take the risk."

This shouldn't even be allowed in the first place but I agree. 

Agreed

1 hour ago, trenbolone acetate said:

restrict this, restrict that, limit and control RP, inhibit and hinder actions, regulate every aspect of illegal RP, make the hills a safe space for all the ERPers, safe zone half of the city, ban robberies, remove illegal guns, make drug usage disgusting roleplay (bannable up to 2 years), give LEOs belt fed miniguns and jetpacks, add sex dungeons for legal roleplayers in the next major update, give legal RPers a safeword to halt any roleplay interaction with them (make it bannable if they don't comply) providing a great safe space, make crime STRICTLY forbidden because crime doesn't happen.

laughable that people with no responsibilities, achievements or real perspective give their takes on what needs to be restricted on a roleplay server. if this really seems like a serious issue that needs to be resolved, then maybe take a step outside of your cave and realize that the world isn't perfect. far from it in fact. grow some balls and stop whining about every single aspect of roleplay.

This was one sad response, like there is no need to resort to bashing, which contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation at hand. 

The unrealistic amount of crime due to low quality roleplay occurring in this area is unbearable. You have to go through such a meticuluous process to even get a house in the hills, just to have your car robbed out of the drive way as if you were in a crime infested area. 

The truth is, the majority of the people committing the robberies in this area ruin it for a lot of people. As a person who rped illegally for some time, I understand the feeling of the restriction on it, but there is more to the map than just the hills, you've got plenty of area to operate in. Surely, area that actually is close to yours. 

Having played both sides, and exhausting all my options, having g6, private security, the best alarms and locks and security systems you can get, it doesn't stop some (M) masked up trying to steal my car out of my driveway or when I'm arriving. 

The rate of crime in the area is far too unrealistic. It should almost be like if you get killed in the process it should be a ck for lack of fear. 

Edited by sixchar
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, trenbolone acetate said:

Oh nyooooo... i worked so hard for a house in the hills and my car's being stolen ;(((((((((((((((. boo fuckin hoo, as if crime doesn't happen in high income areas. everything you just said can be summarized with -  "but they're making it hard for me!!!! :(" . Grow a pair buddy

tyvt4DZ.png

7GohKbp.png

wzGk80V.png

Ux8SJnV.png

5ledG64.png

People talk about wanting realistic RP yet when it comes to rich people getting robbed or mugged in their areas, we must restrict it........

• Upvote 3

as several commenters have pointed out already, this is an IC issue and shouldn't be used as a basis to further restrict RP.

also, i live in the US, and it's a lot more of a wild west scenario than i think many people here might realize. there's a lot of crime, even violent crime, in rich areas, ALL the time. it's literally the entire REASON people have so many cameras, high tech locks and stuff like that.

rich characters and rich properties are going to be a target for robberies and crime, that's just a fact of life. take it up with capitalism if you got an issue with it, or like many others have suggested, use your IC wealth to hire a guard, or improve your camera situation.

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, trenbolone acetate said:

Oh nyooooo... i worked so hard for a house in the hills and my car's being stolen ;(((((((((((((((. boo fuckin hoo, as if crime doesn't happen in high income areas. everything you just said can be summarized with -  "but they're making it hard for me!!!! :(" . Grow a pair buddy

tyvt4DZ.png

7GohKbp.png

wzGk80V.png

Ux8SJnV.png

5ledG64.png

All in Chicago, aka chiraq.

We are supposed to be a heavy rp server. Restricted crime zones would stop the bad rpers who rush and dont even give you a second to breathe let alone type roleplay out in the encounters, whilst giving the go ahead for people who clearly are able to wait- meaning they probably actually roleplay and they allow their victims to rp in the crime too- as it should be on a roleplay server. 

People can cry ic issue all they want- but we do not have the playerbase to stick people patrolling 24/7 now this is were we also need to be courteous and considerate of our playerbase. People are not logging into a game with hundreds of people just to roleplay on their own. You can’t and shouldn’t expect someone on a roleplay server to stand or sit alone 24/7 guarding something when nothing would probably happen if they were gusrding, how do the interact if they are alone in such a scenario? It would be quite honestly cruel to force people, cops, security or anyone to do stuff on their own with little to no interaction from any other player and if people can’t see this side of things well it says a lot.

Also who is to say we are not already using G6 and this is still a problem because they simply cannot be everywhere at once or do just patrolling and use x amount of members to pull away from their other jobs guarding businesses.

Edited by CupcakeCow
  • Gore locked this topic