FOV option

croozerdog

Detailed Description

The default GTA 5 fov is too low for bigger screens, people who sit way too close to their screen (me) and people just simply used to 90+ fov from other games. In third person this is not too bad, but in first person it makes driving nauseating and you can barely see through your left window without moving the whole camera.

I have seen the argument that it can be used to "cheat" since you can actually see a bit more off to the sides. I personally don't agree if anyone could change it and even competitive multiplayer games often include a slider. If this is a genuine concern, you could limit it to the first person camera only, which is already a huge disadvantage either way.

Relevant Commands/Items

I only found this; https://wiki.rage.mp/index.php?title=Camera::setFov

I know rage wiki is very outdated and it might not work anymore, but I can dream. If it does work, you can just give people a slider in the settings or a /fov command.

How will it benefit the server?

People who like driving in first person would get a way better experience. I personally like it when someone else is driving, it's another layer of immersion. If first person didn't break walking animations I'd use it out of cars too. Generally it's just another layer of personalization, which is always neat.

• Upvote 6

For people who haven't tried yet, here's the difference it makes:

B3C280x.png

y2KQIFv.png

I've done a whole singleplayer playthrough like this, it's a lot more fun if you can actually see the traffic at intersections coming from the left n right

Edited by croozerdog
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...