New Hunting Details and features

I feel like the hunting system is often overlooked or not updated as frequently. Here are some suggestions....

Detailed Description:

Healthy and Diseased Animals 

(I dont know if animal models can be modified but...) Healthy animals should sell more while mangy looking animals or sickly animals sell for less. Healthy animals can be sold for a higher price, based on their Age, Weight, and physical attributes  and appearance. While sickly or mangy looking animals should be sold at a low price based on the same appearances as a Healthy  animals. 

Next Up

Animal Descriptions and Anatomy of Shots.

When the animal is shot, before you pick it up you should have the choice to inspect the animals features whether it's sick or healthy, the age by physical appearance. You should also be able to the  check the carcasses  wounds,  to see the damage you've  done or dealt it would make hunting fun and a thrill.  It would show the organs you probably shot, similar to the body inspection system we have for players when they get shot. Maybe a bit detailed like.... 

**The deer is flat on its side, there seems to be alot of blood spilling from its shoulder to chest area probably a lung shot which it then reads 

LUNGS: Ruptured! the deer is dead.

If I shot it in the  Leg but it's not dead  and the animal ran away it but I killed it with a neckshot a couple minutes later it should read

Back Right Leg: Injured but functional (5 minutes Ago) 

Neck: Damaged Badly *Killing Blow*

Tracking and Animal Bones and or decomposition 

• First of all... a tracking system. I dont know if theres a script of some sort or feature that can be added where animals can realistically drop droppings and your character with or without the hunting license  ( because poachers) can track the animal to see where it went. Or how long ago the animal was in that area.

• As for decomposition features I'd say some sort of object or trash or some blood spawns 30 mintues after the kill if the carcass isnt picked up right away and despawns in an hour or so to indicate  an animals been dead and sitting there for hours and isn't good anymore. Park rangers would then remove the corpses from the hunting zone and dump it somewhere for RP.

Animations Possibly?

When you run over to get the carcass there should be some sort of skinning animation or gathering animation when you pick up the carcass. It's odd just seeing someone run over and the body dissappears with no animation.

Possible Poacher RP?

Poacher definition: 

a person who hunts or catches game or fish illegally.

It should be possible for players without a hunting license to kill animals but cannot sell the carcasses at the farmer market but to players  without a license which would be a good form of RP for park rangers to crackdown on illegal hunting without a license  and would give them something to do and keep track of.

Trophy System and Organ Harvesting 

When you kill the animals you should be able to  taxidermy  animals to make statues and or hang the animals head on walls in your house or apartment it should be some sort of valuable item people can sell to players for money.

Also you should be able to harvest and skin and or field dress animals after the kill, taking the organs of said animal and selling it maybe to a butcher shop for money or even player made restaurants for money (rp wise)

That is all I have to say. There's so much more that I'd like to add but it won't probably be added due to other means that need to be tended to.

Relevant Commands/Items

/checkcarcasswounds: (what it says.)

/taxidermy (would be some sort of hunter store)

/trophy (after skinning and Harvesting you'd get the head from the animal.)

/checkanimal (looks at its physical features.)

/fielddress (to get the internal organs etc)

/skin   (takes the pelt/skin off)

/Tanningrack  would be used at your house or wherever your property is can even place a tanning rack in the forest to use while your there. (Used to manage the pelts and create straps of leather for crafting.)

ITEMS: Heart,Guts,Antlers,Brain,Venison Steak ,eyes, Skull pelt/skin etc anything in an animal! DEPENDS ON THE ANIMAL THOUGH!

How will it benefit the server?

This will benefit the server as it would give criminals and park rangers something to do in the forested areas of LS. Because I feel like park rangers dont get alot of action and overall are a USELESS Agency since they don't do anything park related that has alot of action or rp. I also think the hunting license is completely useless because there's really no need to hunt with the basic features that come with it. Adding this suggestion should fix some of that.

And it would also have some more players try out hunting. For the thrill and the game.

Edited by Jerm124
Edits just cuz and added a bit more.
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

I actually really like this idea. It would certainly bring a whole new level of roleplay for those who enjoy hunting roleplay and also for the Park Rangers. I'd love to hear from a developer here to see how much of this is actually possible to implement, but from just reading what you have you've posted, I must say it does sound like a great idea overall. I'd love to see some of the stuff mentioned in this suggestion implemented. It would bring a new lease of life to hunting roleplay as a whole. +1 from me.

Edited by Shoot2Kill
  • Applaud 1
16 hours ago, Jacooob said:

Love this idea, especially the part with the pelts/crafting. Actually makes hunting a relevant thing to do. +1 from me

I feel like the hunting department of gtaw is lacking, there are some characters I know and play that enjoy doing things outdoor and hunting is one of them but I feel like the basic hunting we have is boring and not satisfying.