Road Tax...

Shinto

Fix it, or Remove it, removing it would be the more sensible option.

Removing Road Tax: By removing it, you'll be part of United States again, a place that has no such thing as road tax, a place that you guys RP being part of. THE ONLY  kind of tax any state in USA has is the emissions and engine size and even still it's included into the registration fees of the vehicle. I know you're using it as a way to take money out of the circulation to control it, but.. aren't you doing enough of that already?

Fixing Road Tax: There is a way to keep this ridiculous thing you call road tax and that is by simply fixing it. Currently, people pay what seems to be a random road tax to keep a vehicle road legal ---- that's.. stupid. Please read: cefe619b0a5373ccba01571fd8225aa0.png

As you would think, road tax is generally based world wide on a few factors, the emissions, engine size, weight.. things as such. NOT OF IT'S PRICE.. . SO.. to fix it's ridiculous pricing or fix the ridiculous weekly cost.. make it monthly AT LEAST.

(edit: was grumpy writing it, fixed some things)

Edited by Shinto

I feel like even trying to explain this in role play is difficult. Traveling to the DMV to pay taxes every week in the car I do seems much more of an ooc necessity than something that would be realistic. We live in a world where these transactions would be automated, monthly and handled primarily online. What person puts traveling to the local DMV into their weekly schedule, never mind the congestion and wait times it would cause. 

Aside from the above points, it doesn't seem conducive to the RP experience other than to deter people from pricey vehicles. Which it then fails at because such people don't pay the tax and still own the cars. And then causes said drivers to evade to avoid imprisonment, which isn't exactly an enjoyable experience for PD from what I understand. 

Removing it or severely lowering the cost is the best short term solution. A monthly fee would be more comparable to America, as a year might just be too long. 

You don't go to a DMV to pay a "road tax" in real life. And it definetly isn't weekly. You pay for a vehicle registration tag until it expires and that's your vehicle tax. Doing a weekly road tax system and having people pay out the ass for cars is extremely silly and borderline unrealistic because it doesn't happen anywhere.

What does happen, is registration fees and insurance fees. It's a pretty simple fix. Bump up the registration fees and remove the road tax. When you purchase a car, you pay for a tag and insurance. If you're buying a supercar, you're obviously going to pay more for insurance and registration than a middle class car owner will. 

The road tax system is flawed and heavily unrealistic, only designed to drain cash out of the economy. There are better ways of doing this, and road tax isn't one of them. Simply bump up registration and insurance fees and it'll be much better than a non existent road tax that doesn't happen anywhere in the US.

People don't care about the road tax either way. 90% of supercar and sports car owners put plates on it and never road tax it. Cops don't mind it too much from what I hear and see and it's basically it.

While I do understand we're on a heavy roleplay server and not everyone should have sports cars or supercars, I belive this is easily reportable or handled by the staff team. If anyone has a sports car or supercar and they shouldn't? Simply remove it off them or take administrative action. Road taxing isn't helping anyone and it's unrealistic to have it as a system.

All in all, remove the road tax system, tinker with the registration and insurance fee and you'll see progress because this way it's actually realistic. Or just make registrations expire, kind of like driver's licenses. Make people have to renew their vehicle registrations just like it happens in real life. 

Road tax doesn't exist.

Car tags and insurance do. Implement car tags expiring like driver's licenses and make people renew them at the DMV and remove the road tax. Simple solution.

Edited by JustAnM43
  • Upvote 1