What is going on really??

PapaDoc

Hi,

I tried to read through all the thread.

First of all, I should remind everyone that I tasked the administrators to never ban first, always try to teach and give a second chance and to ban if we really can't allow you on the server. Have the punishments became too strict? Maybe.

But there is nothing I can do without specific examples / reports discussion. I cannot help you if you just bring a massive amount of issues suddenly in a thread and then claim we have double standards by bringing a ban of my own. My bans are my bans, I don't know by hearts every single of other bans nor the context around it.

It is very easy to criticize bans and unbans, but most of the time half of the context is omitted when it is brought up in a thread like this.

So, please ensure that you send staff reports TODAY about these bans you think are too strict. On my side, I'll also notify the staff team about their punishment scale to be careful while waiting for these staff reports.

Are we strict with the gang community? Yes, but at the same time gang community is also the one that tends to be the youngest roleplayers and the ones who are involved in the most complex situations when it comes to realism. Feel free to report any faction or general concerns out of a staff report to Knoxville and myself. Even If I'm away due to IRL reasons for two weeks I'll do my best to answer, same as here.

As for Resident, we've reviewed his appeal and looked at how long we banned players who had borderline racist / racist sentences or words thrown and noticed that the bans were way lighter or not even bans when it was a one time issue, following apologies. While I understand that his sentence is completely unacceptable and that's why we also noticed him that he was banned from being a streamer representing the server here ever again because my personal opinion is that you must clearly have something wrong in your head to throw such a provocative sentence even if it wasn't thought well.

I've always been a process person, not someone that judges a person differently because of a specific context. Resident exploded and wrote non sense after weeks of targeted attacks to make him banned by a group of a player, and while I warned him that I would also ban him if he wasn't able to keep his calm after all these daily DMs and insults, he still blew up. Today I see the same group of players spamming this thread (most messages have been hidden and I think them as it's from newly created accounts from these banned players), and I see some players related to them specifically coming back on the forum to write here. This is unacceptable, and I'll not rule based on targeted attacks.

I also witness double standard players in this thread, I counted four who were already having an invisible warning for repeated usage of the N word in GTAW environment related discord, and yet now this N word should be permanently bannable for a one time usage out of GTAW according to them.

I am really sorry that Resident shocked many of you with his sentence, and I can barely imagine what it feels as an american or even as a black person to read this, but I am a server owner, not someone who is made to handle US racism issues or political issues. I rule based on a punishment scale and I try to be fair with everyone. If I was a player, I would also most likely not believe his apology and want him banned for ever, but I am unfortunately not a player today and I have to take decisions that remains the same for every players, and to always give them a second chance. If they break that second chance, there is no more question asked, we'll know what the true intentions were.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 4