Re-add Rye (Farmer QoL)

Jedbediah

Short description:

Re-enable the Rye recipe and tweak it to require Grain from the Farming job to brew.

Detailed description:

I see no reason why the Rye recipe should be disabled. When I first started at the /brewery job I was confused as to why that recipe was missing/inaccessible. As Rye is a grain based alcohol I believe we should re-enable the recipe and change its recipe to require Grain from the Farming job as it is will provide a few new avenues for Brewery and Distillery establishments as well as provide a whole new realm of RP as a whole in Player-to-Player Farming. Currently Farming is a script-only grind with little interactive value so giving Grain an additional value outside of the /sellgrain value at the wholesaler will allow players to create new jobs and experiences.

Commands to add:

N/A

Items to add:

Rye, Rye Recipe

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Currently there are very few active/passive RP opportunities like Farmer, Fisherman and the like as there is no intrinsic value to the items you gain from those jobs aside from the monetary gain at the wholesaler. This will provide people who wish to RP as a Farmer with more variation to their daily routines and will allow a break from the repetitive nature of the script job itself.

Additional information:

N/A

Edited by Jedbediah
  • Upvote 4

As far as I am aware, the Farming job was added to give a chance for new players to get familiar with the server and the concept of Roleplay. Adding this suggestion would only improve that experience for them, in my opinion. They won't only "farm" script money but also get a chance to interact with other players, with business owners, and this way blend into to player base and get to know new people to roleplay with. 

I don't see any cons to this suggestion, no open doors for abuse, just improving the RP experience. 

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic