Permanent Pet Option.

$tunner.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:09 AM, IrishBloke said:

I'd support this. Maybe even advance it into a skill or something of the sort after the initial implementation? 
Walking skill, listening skill, sniffing skill, tracking, that sort of thing... maybe?

+1

This is a great idea.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:09 AM, IrishBloke said:

I'd support this. Maybe even advance it into a skill or something of the sort after the initial implementation? 
Walking skill, listening skill, sniffing skill, tracking, that sort of thing... maybe?

+1

this is somewhat rpgish, not sure it fits the server

for the actual suggestion I don't see the issue with purchasing the twelve-month option but permanent could work?

19 minutes ago, Hawken/Moscropp said:

keep the animal for a short amount of time, it demotivates you to really develop with that animal and your character!

Yeah, really makes him feel like an NPC just to kick it with you for a little then the pet's gone, plus the more choices the better anyways am I right? ?

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

My only issue is the idea that one could be CK'd, completely wasting one's wealth on the dog.

You'd lose it anyways, be it a dog(regardless whether or not it's permanent) or a donator status/rank, either ways if you'd like to keep them is to get a namechange, or just try not to get CK'd. But yeah it could be an issue for some.

We're not fans of "permanent donator options" as we need regular donations, and to ensure the server years to come with donations. Having a "one time" purchase will just make people buy once and never donate again for it, which w ll increase our donations for now but decrease it later. Comes also the problem of all the people that loses a character, stop playing etc. and they will complain that they purchased something they don't use anymore. We already have the issue on 1 month donations, so I don't want to imagine the nightmare with permanents.

12 months is more than enough if you're looking for a "permanent" option, and that's what you should use.

• Upvote 1