Trucker drought lately

Jowolz

The issue is that you aren't compensated for driving longer distances, it would be more realistic if the trucker would be paid more for delivering crates with longer distances and less for less distances, exactly how much per mile a trucker should be paid I am not sure but it should definitely be looked into by the administration on how to best implement such a system so that all of the businesses that need crates actually get them even if they are farther away.

11 hours ago, KevinFF said:

The issue is that you aren't compensated for driving longer distances, it would be more realistic if the trucker would be paid more for delivering crates with longer distances and less for less distances, exactly how much per mile a trucker should be paid I am not sure but it should definitely be looked into by the administration on how to best implement such a system so that all of the businesses that need crates actually get them even if they are farther away.

I would second this. Obviously the trucking system in-game can't be 100% like real life, but I always thought about this. Truckers IRL get paid a certain amount per mile, that's why many truckers like the cross-country deliveries because it pays a hell of a lot more than the short runs. The old courier system paid you more for that one delivery out at the old copper ore mine, by a couple hundred dollars. It made it worth while to head out there for the money. It would make sense that farther deliveries should make more money than the closer deliveries.

If you want it to be more beneficial, I'd say for the GTAW admins to start here first.

Edited by Giles

I agree, long haul trucking would be much more fun too, at the moment there is no incentive to deliver the stores in sandy shores as they are much farther than any other stores and pay the same amount. At the moment, the current trucking system isn't trucking. It's just like being a UPS driver, at most. Far from what trucking really is.

9 minutes ago, Mattkov said:

I agree, long haul trucking would be much more fun too, at the moment there is no incentive to deliver the stores in sandy shores as they are much farther than any other stores and pay the same amount. At the moment, the current trucking system isn't trucking. It's just like being a UPS driver, at most. Far from what trucking really is.

I do believe there were plans at one point for things like gas trucks and other things related to bigger trucking vehicles because it was in the patch preview twitch stream a while back. However, it might have not been implemented due to sync for trailers and such (don't quote me on that, that's just what I remember). Maybe we can hold out hope that can be remedied whenever Rage 1.1 comes out. I would love to see gas stations tied into the closed economy, where gas requires components, just like alcohol stores need components to sell alcohol.

Edited by Giles
On 3/25/2020 at 5:42 PM, KevinFF said:

The business owners in Sandy can pay higher if you deliver, they set the price themselves. If they don't put it higher it's because there are still truckers to do the job at these current prices. It's not something we will regulate on our side.

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

The business owners in Sandy can pay higher if you deliver, they set the price themselves. If they don't put it higher it's because there are still truckers to do the job at these current prices. It's not something we will regulate on our side.

In my opinion, this is counter active to encouraging business growth outside of the city. I understand that we’re going for a complete player-run market, but forcing them to pay more to get a delivery will just contribute to less and less business overall in Sandy/Paleto.

There’s a reason you see delivery vans always going to Shifters Automotive because it’s close to the supply point and easy money going right down the street. They will usually only deliver out as far as Sandy or Paleto if there are no more deliveries in the city and it’s a last resort. Of course they get filled because truckers want money and it’s a lack of options. Businesses out that far already suffer from less business because of their distance from the city, but they are forced to spend more just to get some components because of it as well.

Edited by Giles