All-In-One Advertisements

akari

14 minutes ago, Zane_Field said:

As far as the rest, I simply don’t agree. You keep going back to working on the cars before you sell them, and it’s proof has been givin that this is that the sole definition of “flipping”..

If this is the argument you’re making now, then it solidifies my point - These people aren’t actually flipping, since they don’t do any work on the cars. So you can’t consider what they do an RP job at all.?

What do you not understand? People buy cars from others below market value and sell them the same day without doing a thing.... I even read where before a guy even bought a $4000 Car he had already set up an arrangement with a buyer, turning like $1500 in profit.

I said this multiple times in my first replies... 

Get off of the forum and go google flipping cars without doing a thing... it’s no as far fetched as you think.

I can already foresee you shifting to “but they are selling exotics”.... and I’m exhausted so I’ll please spare the rhetorical questions..

How I Made $1,800 With a 3-Hour Flip

A few days after I implemented my new strategy, I received a new notification through CPRO. A charcoal sedan in excellent condition had just been listed on Craigslist by a young couple who urgently wanted to sell before moving out of town. They were asking $3,800 for the car, which was already less than its Kelley Blue Book value. 

That’s when I read three of my favorite words in their ad: make an offer.

I quickly called the seller and offered $2,800 pending a test drive. I made sure to mention I could buy the car immediately and I had the cash in my pocket. 

After a quick test drive and a 15-minute visual inspection, I bought the car on the spot. The couple mentioned how relieved they were that they found a buyer so quickly and thanked me for making the purchase so easy for them.

On the way home, I stopped at a car wash and gave it a quick rinse for $8. The clear spring weather made the paint sparkle beautifully in the sun.

As soon as I got home, I listed the car on Craigslist, expecting it would sell in the next day or two. 

Fifteen minutes after I published the listing, an interested buyer was on his way to meet me. After taking a quick look under the hood, he handed me $4,650. I gave him a bill of sale and he drove the car away.

I’d started out by wondering about the shortest amount of time I could possibly spend on the entire car-flip process. 

Three hours and $1,800 later, I had my answer.

5 minutes ago, Zane_Field said:

What do you not understand? People buy cars from others below market value and sell them the same day without doing a thing.... I even read where before a guy even bought a $4000 Car he had already set up an arrangement with a buyer, turning like $1500 in profit.

I said this multiple times in my first replies... 

Get off of the forum and go google flipping cars without doing a thing... it’s no as far fetched as you think.

I can already foresee you shifting to “but they are selling exotics”.... and I’m exhausted so I’ll please spare the rhetorical questions..

but?they?are?selling?exotics?

11 hours ago, akari said:

but?they?are?selling?exotics?

Exotic cars are also being constantly sold and purchased. Given the prices, if a person can afford to keep up that business then I honestly don't see a problem with that. If there's a market for it, there most certainly are dealers who exercise different marketing strategies (whom you are mad at).

I feel that there are two ways this could be solved; a) prices are raised so people won't be able to afford them as easily or b) a new law is implemented (making it an IC issue which it genuinely is) that would set a limitation for the number of vehicles sold by a private person. If they exceed the number, they are required to make it official by starting a business and then ultimately lead to them opening car lots to sell the cars at or if they do not register a business they would be taxed extra or face possible punishments for tax evasion. However, I feel that this would over-complicate things that do not need to be complicated.

Don't really see it as an issue myself though.

Edited by Hyena
21 hours ago, akari said:

But here's where the problem lies; If they got that cash through, not OOC trading, but minimum level RP, why should that cash be considered viable? We're here to roleplay. Unfortunately a huge chunk of the community puts script assets before their RP, which is how we end up with such a massive amount of vehicle/property flippers.

To elaborate on what I mean by "minimum level RP," refer back to these two points.

da89810697c260412e9a38d8c584bbd0.png.a649fa4514dd5da8daa5b2a61239c3f2.png

e9b9361afa8d274fbff41c68acdb5617.png.8ec2e0d1a5e262f80f558310a7fd15a5.png

I do agree with you on those things, but dealerships & realtors do the same thing all the time. They can resell a house or car without really putting much work into it, other than tidying it up and marketing it better. It's all about the demand.

Plus, these characters are salesmen, not renovators/mechanics, and would usually lack the hands-on skill to "fix up" the property or vehicle themselves. They'd have to outsource it by hiring a designer for some minor rp (if they don't actually want an interior redesigned) or take the car to a mechanic for some car maintenance & detailing rp. That'd contribute more RP to everyone and make it more realistic and easy to tolerate, but I think a lot of people would skip it and do it themselves, which defeats the purpose.

Either way, focusing on the advertisement part of this, it's just the easiest way they can do business, by listing it all at once. I never saw it as asset flexing.

Edited by Havana
  • Upvote 1

The following ad was mine: 

unknown.png

Look, the thing is: it is incredibly difficult to sell cars like this. I purchased these cars before the vehicle registration / insurance script even existed. Compared to a few years ago, these type of cars are extremely rare. The insurance alone would set you back $40,000 per vehicle, for instance. Nowadays, you even need to wait 20 minutes before you can post an ad. I don't want these cars any longer as they don't match my character, and thus, I tried to sell them. Do I want to make an ad for each car individually and wait 20 minutes to create the next one? Of course not. I want to role-play, as that's why we're here, like you said. I want to speed up the process, so I can get rid of all of these cars. So far, I have only managed to sell one of these cars $100,000 below the registration price. Is it asset-flexing? No, not at all. You couldn't have been more wrong about that. I want to get rid of these cars, attract as much attention and just be done with it. That's it.

Edited by WildenborgR
Added the last sentence.
  • Upvote 2

Akari, I completely agree with you on this. But the conversation has moved elsewhere onto whether the context behind these adverts justify existing whatsoever. On that note, I sympathize, when I ran Saints News, we had a massive cash flow problem and it meant we couldn't pay staff, our bills and our rent was late, however, where possible we made do, we made compromises and we worked around that, so I do completely understand how frustrating it is when you put in effort and get no reward. With that in mind, it's important to note that standards always come first, we need to ensure our attempts to being rich are held to a realistic standard and that's applicable to flipping cars and properties, there shouldn't be an easy get-quick-scheme at all in the server.

Dealerships and housing agents need to be putting in serious effort, not just in their RP regarding flipping, but regarding their marketing, I couldn't tell you the name of one car dealership, but I can tell you the name of the bar on the pier. There's no such thing as it being too difficult to market, leading to this issues with /ad, it just requires effort and patience. What I'd like to see is the birth of marketing firms or management firms to help get these local businesses off the ground, and this will provide additional roleplay throughout. I'd also like to see unwanted cars being sold to dealerships rather than consumer-to-consumer transactions and this is something the former need to take advantage of and work to making that known.

Edited by HaveADream
  • Upvote 1