[Saints News] Review - The Banjo String

Barriss

YhJydCu.png

vDVEg9n.jpg

A comforting, yet conforming bar in the non-conformist neighborhood

The Banjo String Review
Out of Tune

ASKA REDAN

When you hear banjos sounding you often think to yourself in the heart of the South, and often it's a warning sign to leave, and fast! However, some banjos make you feel at home and give off a simple and sweet call to a simpler time. The Banjo String in Santos' gentrified and lovely Mirror Park has a sound of your local bluegrass band, promising but room to improve. Much like the classic instrument of Dixie this bar is nothing unique save for the sound. While it strives to be a Gibson, it perhaps settles for the Christmas time Epiphone.

Ig4tNae.jpg

The location is quite nice, Mirror Park is always an ideal place to have a business. And is lacking in interesting and unique bars. However the interior is very cookie-cutter, nothing makes it different than the other bars in LS, the dark painting and grimy walls coupled with a small dance floor and stage leave it less than desirable to visit. The music they play is a delight, often a mix of classic rock and 2000's active rock I enjoy the variety of the stations they play, but it only plays into the dull atmosphere of the club.

gCgrQ3r.jpg

A standard bar compliment and layout are present along with some balcony seats but they don't do anything other than giving a nice look at some dull red walls. The patrons at among the best part as there are often different faces in here most nights. You'd have thought the hipsters and rainbow community of Mirror Park wouldn't dare let such a drab place exist. The employees are quite hospitable and provide prompt service but none the less it doesn't make this place any better than similar attractions. While far from the worst joint in Los Santos, the entire experience comes off as generic and cookie-cutter, Come for the quick drinks and friendly faces, but don't linger too long else you might find yourself drinking quietly before a hasty exit. 

MORE FROM SAINTS

Interview With DJ aOi

Howling Relic: Great Chaparral Mine Shaft

The Perception of Gangs

DRESS TO IMPRESS (Businesswear)

Saints News

#ForSaintsBySaints

saints-acc.png

•  

Username: NGC6543

Comment: Weird, I actually prefer this place to most others. Unlike the clubs that feel extremely impersonal and industrial, the Banjo felt pretty much at home and welcoming. You merely need to be a tiny bit friendly and you'll quickly get to know the people working there and the cornerstones. I'd rather spend my night there than at any club in LS, really. It's... a bit like Cluckin'bell VS. your local burger joint held by that cool dude. The Cluckin'bell will look fancier, and it will be be industrial food, same size for everyone, order quick, pay quick, byebye. The local joint, the cook will know exactly what you like and chat while the meat's heating. I don't mind the first once in a while, but given a choice I'll go for the latter. 

Edited by Topinambour
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Username: FYB6921
Comment: I work at the Banjo String. We offer plenty of hospitable services and we don't water down the whiskey. If you ask me, this review may have been written by someone who's spent too much time in the mainstream clubs and bars of Los Santos.  We pride ourselves on well served drinks with wonderful staff and if that comes across as dull? Then the meaning of 'bar' has been construed over the years.  This place is popular with patrons who want to unwind and not get a headache from the 'boom boom boom' music of our generation. On the topic of it being 'cookie-cutter', Not all of us have the upfront money for a renovation to make the place better, so we make do with what we have. Thank you for the review, although as a response to it - it certainly could have been done by somebody who was versed in the rock genre and doesn't frequent naff clubs and rave spots for their music and beer fix.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic