• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
zUgg zUgg

VIDEO: How to Install Texture Mods for GTA:W (Rage:MP)

zUgg zUgg    338

Any questions let me know. I'll try and help the best I can.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

Cranky    96

Good looks I've been lookin for a way to replace textures, can you replace models also with this? For instance gun models and tattoo and clothing textures/models?

Nvm I learned you can, I appreciate it homie.

Edited by Cranky
fixed.

Tyler.    10
On 12/23/2019 at 5:28 AM, Cranky said:

Good looks I've been lookin for a way to replace textures, can you replace models also with this? For instance gun models and tattoo and clothing textures/models?

Nvm I learned you can, I appreciate it homie.

this

Arez    3
Posted (edited)

@zUgg zUgg Do you happen to know why my GTA always updates after I replace a newly encrypted .rpf file, after following all the steps in this tutorial, or am  I missing something?

Edited by Arez
Forgot to tag the OP

zUgg zUgg    338
13 hours ago, Arez said:

@zUgg zUgg Do you happen to know why my GTA always updates after I replace a newly encrypted .rpf file, after following all the steps in this tutorial, or am  I missing something?

@Arez Encryption! It doesn't sound like you are properly encrypting the RPF archives. Be sure  any RPF that you touch gets encrypted again otherwise this will happen. The game is recognizing that the file is not encrypted/different from the base game and assumes its corrupt so it replaces it.  Let me know if you are still running into issues.

• Thanks 1

Arez    3
29 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

@Arez Encryption! It doesn't sound like you are properly encrypting the RPF archives. Be sure  any RPF that you touch gets encrypted again otherwise this will happen. The game is recognizing that the file is not encrypted/different from the base game and assumes its corrupt so it replaces it.  Let me know if you are still running into issues.

I do encrypt the RPF archive within the DLC archive and still no luck, I tried your tutorial step by step four to six times and no luck at all. I do have to mention that I have GTA 5 on the Rockstar Launcher.

Tennplugg    200
Just now, Arez said:

I do encrypt the RPF archive within the DLC archive and still no luck, I tried your tutorial step by step four to six times and no luck at all. I do have to mention that I have GTA 5 on the Rockstar Launcher.

You cannot modify game files on the Retail Version. Get the version from Epic Games for free. You'll be able to modify it. 🙂 

Arez    3
Just now, Tennplugg said:

You cannot modify game files on the Retail Version. Get the version from Epic Games for free. You'll be able to modify it. 🙂 

Aww shucks, really? Will it work with @zUgg zUgg's method with the Epic Games version? I assume that I have to uninstall and install GTA 5 again, isn't it?

Tennplugg    200
Just now, Arez said:

Aww shucks, really? Will it work with @zUgg zUgg's method with the Epic Games version? I assume that I have to uninstall and install GTA 5 again, isn't it?

Yup, Zugg Zuggs method will work. And no, you won't need to install it again, just move your current GTAV folder to wherever Epic Games store their games. 

Arez    3
Just now, Tennplugg said:

Yup, Zugg Zuggs method will work. And no, you won't need to install it again, just move your current GTAV folder to wherever Epic Games store their games. 

If this works, you made me a happy boi. I'll come back to let you know if that fixed it.