[Saints Sports] Nice Cars Finish Last

acHKeQt.png

njMDO6Y.jpg

Nice Cars Finish Last

Dale Manning & Los Santos Racing League

At Saints Sports, we love seeing emerging new sports take the county by storm, and that's exactly what Dale Manning plans to do by introducing the 'Los Santos Racing League'. Rally sports have a rocky history in Los Santos, marred with low turnouts, difficult relationships with officials, and controversial issues arising from road closures and so on. None of these issues, however, concerned Dale Manning, who was absolutely certain of his capability to prove the hearts and minds of Los Santos wrong about the sport. Brushed with an air of optimism and confidence, it was time to delve into the minds of the masterminds behind the league. Deep into the wilderness of Blaine County, on roads that felt like a race in their own right, we found the haphazard base of operations for the league, and we spoke to Manning to discover more about his plans and the sport itself.

Without further ado...

So tell me a little how it works, are you all racing at the same time or one at a time?

So what we are trying to establish is the Racing League of San Andreas. We want to primarily focus on concrete racing, but that is difficult. There aren't many locations and we aren't known on the scene yet, so for our first event, we chose to use a well-established rally stage. WIth one vehicle at a time. This has plenty of opportunities for us to prove we know how to handle an event like this, and hopefully build up some trust and reputation with drivers, emergency services and spectators. [You win] by having the best time on the clock, and we will have staff located throughout the site, and the track to ensure a smooth process for the evening. While we have big plans, at first, we need to prove who we are.

So this is a test for you as much as it is the drivers?

I think we are considering it as a test, yes. We know that this type of event has been clouded with mediocrity before. Not that I wish to speak ill of any other motorsport organisers. For the police, in particular, they haven't been impressed by previous organisers. And that has definitely come across during our application process. So we know that this is a test for us. And that is how we are treating it.

Nmut3xV.jpg

So how did you convince them, what made you different?

By being honest, open and professional. Maintaining good contact with all parties involved. The LSFD, LSPD, City Hall. Giving enough notice as well. We started the application process for this event over two weeks ago.

More excitingly, what can spectators expect on Sunday?

So what I hope for spectators they can see an event which is truly unique. That strikes with auto fans across the county. So the fee for drivers is for $5000. That covers us dealing with their safety work, installing a roll cage if the vehicle needs it and should give them at minimum three goes at the track as well as some practice time. For spectators, we are anticipating a price of around $2000 but we're going to see if we can push that down, The issue being we have to hire alot of staff to man this event.

I suppose the only thing I want to say is that I want as much interaction as possible with people. I want them to come to watch, come drive and really support us. Come to one of our sign up events like tonight, or register with us on FaceBrowser.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

So Los Santos, what do you think? Exciting, future sport to keep an eye on or a recipe for disaster? Let us know in the comments below, that's all from us for now.

Saints News

#ForSaintsBySaints

Have FaceBrowser? Get Involved and Give Us A Like.

Read Our City Guide!

Saints News is not currently running advertisements due to ongoing restructuring attempts.

• Upvote 1

Username: JLixx

Comment: First of all, I hope that they don't do offroad racing (and yes dirt roads are considered offroad) with those cars. Based on suspension of that V12 I'd say you'd tear the chassis apart during the first lap. Secondly racing on concrete is something that has been discussed among officials many times. But that matter requires planning, new racing ring and much, much more. The city cannot just close a road for a race. I mean it is ridiculous given they can do it for a bicycle lap right? But they are not eager to anyway. It's a long trek, very long. 

• mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic