Motorcycle clubs and transferring.

Punked

Is there a negative view on people who Roleplay transferring from a neighboring chapter to another in attempts to establish a character into the patch quicker? I know it can a slight lack of development but it's a better approach than having a bunch of guys come out of no where wearing patches as if they've had a club established for years.

Obviously this would only be relevant to MC's which have established a more dominant presence around the state, etc. 

But someone generally creating their character with a pre-established background in the club, which has continued onto the other charter through means of transfer..

Edited by Punked

I can imagine that starting from scratch everytime when you come up with something new, can be boring. Stories are there for a reason. 

On the other side of the hand, it would be unfair to the already existent MCs

yes and no from me.

Edited by A_Acko
  • Upvote 2

I think this can be viewed a lot like PD. Normally, ranking up in a police department can take months, or years, depending on the rank you're advancing to. I think some leeway can be considered in this area regarding gangs and MC's as well. There's just kind of a time dilation issue you have to accept in RP.

But when establishing the foundation of a new chapter surly in a realistic perspective either the club let's use Hells Angels for example. They have a club in Egypt called the Pharaoh MC and they technically operate as prospects under the Hells Angels until they've proven and showcased their ability and their worth to display the name Hells Angels.

Or they would have various people from neighboring charters merge onto the location on either a nomadic form or they will pre-establish a clubhouse and the basis along with multiple county meetings which are accompanied my members from chapters across the country/state in order to establish who would move to support the beginning of the chapter, etc. 

Edited by Punked

If you want to do that, I guess you should first just ask the faction you want to join as a full patch if they're okay with it. Then follow the faction's story and find out whether there are other charters your characters can come from. It does skip out on a lot of RP and it's forced development, but to each his own. Realistically speaking, if you are talking about transferring from being a full patch in a club to a full patch in another club, that will never happen. Some big clubs accept members from their support clubs to transfer to them straight up as a prospect and not have to go through all that hangaround period. But no real club will ever throw patches on someone like that. 

As for the negative view on it... Imagine that you spent 1 month to become a member in a faction and then some guy just shows up and is instantly a member just because that was his backstory. You figure that out :D 

Edited by Fenrir

When a MC opens a fresh chapter somewhere it's usually a "prospective" chapter that are under supervision until different criterias are met e.g. member count, clubhouse etc.

If you meant making a new character from a "fantasy" chapter or a nomad to become full-patch in the faction you currently RP with I don't really see a issue as long as you have been in the faction for a while. I can see that a few people wouldn't want to go through the hangie-probate period again. But again that period of RP opens for some serious character developement. 

I was referring to a character that would roleplay a pre-established background with the club. So they would generally have been patched in the other charter, I used prospecting mcs as an example for the Pharaoh MC which operate as a prospecting chapter as you stated. 

It wouldn't ever be the case of which someone could approach you and then gain full entitlement to the patch. It would only be the foundation of the club, maybe 5 guys who would RP dispercing in from the neighboring states as a means to establish themselves, etc at a quicker pace. I mean if you were were a club with a hand across the country/state you would have meetings various discussions about establishing the clubhouse in the area, funding etc for the project and the willing participants. 

I still don't really understand what the endgame is. Do you want to start a faction and thought of this as a background story for it? Or do you want to join an existing one and you want some sort of backstory to ease and justify your entrance in the club?

Starting a faction but basing it of a real life MC like the Outlaws and having characters with backgrounds from a neighboring state which have moved to the county in order to establish the charter.  By backgrounds I mean they're already established in the club as patched members.

Edited by Punked