Why do I/You keep donating?

iAMTemple

3 hours ago, Mike said:

To elaborate on what stefan said, scroll down on the shop page:

image.thumb.png.39e84a0dd900b19c40e6bf33c02e6185.png

I know, I meant a system more like LS-RP where you just select to buy a namechange and then it'll take you to the payment page where you'll only buy one namechange. 

Right now to buy worldpoints, you have to buy 50WP if you intend to purchase only one namechange, that's the only flaw within the system that I found myself to dislike. I'd rather just buy what I want and not be forced to get more than what I want. 

Just now, Serower said:

I know, I meant a system more like LS-RP where you just select to buy a namechange and then it'll take you to the payment page where you'll only buy one namechange. 

Right now to buy worldpoints, you have to buy 50WP if you intend to purchase only one namechange, that's the only flaw within the system that I found myself to dislike. I'd rather just buy what I want and not be forced to get more than what I want. 

Oh oke, I misunderstood you in that case.

6 hours ago, Coni said:

I agree - the packages to me are not attractive at all. Interior properties doesnt matter to me, the other perks do near to nothing (bleave cooldown, meh) and the perk of getting 1 month inactivity leave is actually pretty alienating. Shouldnt have to pay to be able to go on vacation. 

This being said I will still buy a package once I regurn from my vacation simply because the project deserves financial support. But the supposed incentives are none to me. 

If you have to leave for an extended period of time you can contact Property management explaining your situation, they will more often than not hold the property for you whilst you are away.

As for my own answer, I donate to this server because I enjoy playing here, it's funded with donations and money out of Nervous' own wallet and I think that for the fun I have here helping Nervous out with a donation is the least I can do.

3 hours ago, Playboii said:

Not really a donation when you receive stuff IG. It's classified as donation to avoid taxes and other stuff like that, but you're literally paying for a service. Not donating.

You're not FORCED to pay, therefore, you're not paying for a service.

You get "extras" based on donations, but you're not forced to pay anything.

Might want to brush up on your economics there. xD

Edited by iAMTemple
1 hour ago, iAMTemple said:

You're not FORCED to pay, therefore, you're not paying for a service.

You get "extras" based on donations, but you're not forced to pay anything.

Might want to brush up on your economics there. xD

Tbh some of those features are very very useful for RP and overall quality of your gameplay so it's pretty much pay to be better than the poor ppl

If i'm going to be honest about above ---

You go into a Goodwill to "donate" (for you non Americans, its a place you goto to donate clothes/items for "free") - and you do not receive anything back unless the state allows you to write it off for taxes..

We are *paying* for extra services and goodies to the server.. Not "donating"-- In FiveM (though not a lot of servers followed this rule) - you "Donated" to the server and got *nothing* in return.. It was actually against the TOS while running the server to give a player/community member anything back for a "Donation" - hence why it was called a "Donation". Same example can be used for Twitch.. If you donate to someones twitch, you might get a Discord Role and that's about it.

On topic though:

Why do I continue to keep donating every month? Because Nervous and the rest of the administration/development team puts in 100's of hours of their life, and some don't even get to play on the server they are developing for... When I ran a FiveM server, it sucked having to pay out of pocket, especially when people were never actually *appreciative* of the work you have put into the server. So I personally know every little bit helps.. Especially when you are paying for multiple websites, the maintenance of sites, the maintenance/development of a server, assuming either a Dedicated Server/Very Strong VPS and the up-keep of over a 1000 members.

Also as stated in a previous reply, I enjoy the perks that come with the packages. I could agree that some more things can be added (extra name-changes instead of 1 and such) - or, the ability to just donate for a name-change, a phone number change or something simple instead of having to buy world points. I have however found it personally frustrating when I have to buy 180 World Points for Gold, and then have 30 points hanging around that can be used for a name-change, even though you get a free one with Gold. 

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Applaud 1
7 hours ago, Playboii said:

Not really a donation when you receive stuff IG. It's classified as donation to avoid taxes and other stuff like that, but you're literally paying for a service. Not donating.

Just want to clarify this - because it cost me an arm every month to pay the server taxes in France so I have a right to at least not get told I avoid taxes - It was initially called donations because that's what everyone call them, and I see it more as a way to thank us than selling something.

There is no legal term as "donation" to avoid taxes in France, I can't speak for other countries. You must be a registered volunteer association in France to have the ability to not be considered as a company and to accept donations the legal way you mean it - aka no taxes and people donating to you even get 50% of their donation removed from their yearly taxes.

I later changed the name to World point shop everywhere because Skrill requested it to be our payment provider, which I had no issue with, I honestly don't care much what it's called, even If shop and buying seems less community friendly than donation.

Don't try to see the evil everywhere because you got used to it. In France you're paying to get an e-product, a "virtual item" called World Point (which is shown on your bill and on your bank account), not a service nor a tax avoiding donation.

• Upvote 3

As for all the other comments - I thank you all for all the kind words. I know many of you are disappointed in the packages content, however it's very hard to balance decent packages as rewards for your support and pay2win donations. Even the /bad as you can see brings regular discussions. We're not looking to turn this into a million $ company so our system currently works great as is since everyone donates mostly because they support us and get some small rewards, however if you have suggestions of non pay2win things that you would like to see make sure to PM me and i'll see if the suggestion can be developped without taking too much time, and if it won't negatively impact anyone else on the server.

• Upvote 2